1997 Kona Kapu - sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1997 Kona Kapu

This is fastly turning into a Kapu tribute thread. Never seen one of these before, shame it's 10 years out:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/3725103518.html

3G43L13N85I95L15H1d453c4bc7e8b86d1dce.jpg

Still looks cool with the two tone colour scheme.

Cheers! Only stock pictures on the ad so lets see what it actually looks like. By the way the 99 Kapu in the US is back listed...

So first off, bump - I'm still on the hunt for a 1997 Kapu.

I did hit the trigger finger on the 2008 Kapu but about 30 minutes later realised I'd made a mistake :facepalm: . It was impulse, and not really what I wanted. But I didn't want to piss off the seller and went through with the transaction.

It arrived today. It's quite nice. But I have no attachment to it. It's really nice but it doesn't get my juices going which will make it easier to pass on and sell. I'm a little disappointed with the finish from the Italians; I notice on the head tube fillet and throughout, that it's sort of chrome plated. On the head tube bit, some of the plating has gone over the line so to speak. (I'm being really picky here).

On the plus side, apart from the cable rub on the head-tube it's mint. The colour is excellent, it's the first time I've seen metallic orange in the flesh.

After a little trip to the LBS this weekend it'll get a clean and t-cut before I take pictures, then put it back up for sale on Monday.

So just to repeat...I'm still after a 1997 Kapu, 59cm plus.

Say goodbye to the 2008 Kapu. Gave her a good clean this afternoon as well as getting the BB and headset off (which by the way was the tightest fit I've ever seen). She's up for sale now on ebay so if you want it hit me up (will end early for RB members - £395 including shipping in the UK - the same price I paid originally).

dsc0182tl.jpg

dsc0185ze.jpg

dsc0189ou.jpg

dsc0190ya.jpg

dsc0192kp.jpg

dsc0193vl.jpg

dsc0194qg.jpg

dsc0195jt.jpg

dsc0198uy.jpg

Nice to see the Italians were a little slap dash with their decal application...not like me of course...never...

dsc0199uw.jpg

Here's the ebay ad: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 315wt_1170

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well according to Kona when I asked them how many they think they sold their answer was:

I suspect hundreds could be too high. Think less.

So...it's the 1 in a squillion type bump :LOL: :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back