1993 Zaskar LE - what the hell to do with it??? update

Looks like a 1993 Zaskar to me, although the reference to dings suggests a 1994 as this is when they started using butted tubes which were more dingable. But if you say it is 1993, I believe you. Decals are circa 1996 though.

I have an extremely rare (apparently the only one bought into the UK) 1993 Black Zaskar LE 16". I has actually been ridden by Hans Rey himself (at the Malvern Hills Classic event in 1993) - he approached me! lol

It is currently in bits and I'm hoping to be rebuilding it over the weekend. I have all the original 1993 components (except the front rim which is 1997ish) - most of which were top end stuff at the time - including the original Hope Ti Hyperglide rear hub, Hope Ti front racer hub (28 spoke), the original Middleburn cranks (RS1?), control tech stem, club roost bars, GT Titanium wheel QRs, gripshift, XT, onza clipless pedals, mavic rims, Rock Shox Quadra 10s, Flite, USE post, Paul Components brakes...... I'll post up some pics when I build it. :)

Oh - couple of years back I spotted some brand new never used Onza Porcs Kevlars on US ebay, I have them waiting to be fitted too.

Seems Zaskars get stolen a lot. My brother had a 1994 Zaskar in Purple (as was the fashion at the time). Never saw it again, including my Flite and USE titanium that he borrowed! :(

Dont know why there is ever any debate about the age of Zaskars, the year of manufacture is in the serial number.

Back