Don't you love overseas call centres!

highlandsflyer":1nl4pevt said:
I see where you are going wrong there. Try contacting Apple.

You are absolutely right, but we had a warranty issue and needed to speak to customer service.... several times :facepalm:

[smug mode]That's what I like about living on a small island - I can pick up the phone and speak to someone at Manx Telecom, Manx Electricity Authority or Isle of Man Post without having to wait more than thirty seconds and without having to deal with "call centres".
[/smug mode]

Andy R":375kzm3h said:
[smug mode]That's what I like about living on a small island - I can pick up the phone and speak to someone at Manx Telecom, Manx Electricity Authority or Isle of Man Post without having to wait more than thirty seconds and without having to deal with "call centres".
[/smug mode]

you need a phone??? surely a cone to shout into would suffice.

02gf74":vvwi43c1 said:
Andy R":vvwi43c1 said:
[/smug mode]

you need a phone??? surely a cone to shout into would suffice.

Two tins and a piece of string, more like ;)

I just had one today. And it wasn't overseas.

I was told to call the distributor when the reason I was calling the manufacturer in the first place was because the distributor wasn't answering the phone or their emails.

It's a bike company. That shall remain nameless as they make nice bikes and can't be held responsible for their employees.

I dealt with an energy company a week ago that were extremely unhelpful and withheld information, a UK helpdesk. Guess who just got slapped with a hefty fine yet are still at it?

Today I dealt with EON and had a long wait but got exceptional service once I got through, so contract went to them.

DVLA just made my day too.

I was involved with training some call centre staff from India back during my short stint working with BT. They were exceptionally bright, and their English was an improvement on the locals.

My ex is Pakistani and she was a proof reader for The Times.

Just saying.

Back