Massive thanks to John et al, and encouragement for all!!

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I can hardly beleive I got this today, it was so fantastic John had done this for me. I was glad I didn't win a bike or something as I don't have the space for any more bikes!! This is soooooo much better.

Anyway, I am so chuffed I can't believe it. I made it a personal challenge to make as many rides as I could and it was so very much worth it. If I hadn't have gotten anything at the end it would not have mattered - it really was a great year and I met so many ace people the list is endless.

They were really the best rides I have ever been on in my life - great routes, great locations, great good natured banter. I was welcome when I was really slow and that really helped me.

If you wondering whether or not to come onto a ride, no matter what your reservations are please do it. As long as you can manage a few miles on a bike you'll be ok. Plenty of stops, plenty of support and encouragement. No-one will ride away and leave you on your own, there always ways to shorten the rides in case of injury or something.

:shock: :shock: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :D :D :D :D

I can't make many of the rides this year so I want to encourage everyone else!

Re: Massive thanks to John et al, and encouragement for all!

Yes well done Rob for winning last year's series.
Riding 6 out of the 7 rounds and taking a shared Bike of the Ride win in the Yorkshire Dales amassed a very respectable 625 points altogether.

We've been waiting since last October to give you your prize. With the Lake District snowed off it looks like John got fed up of tripping over your trophy and posted it.

I do hope you will be defending your title this year...?

Re: Massive thanks to John et al, and encouragement for all!

What you can't see in that image is scale. That trophy stands taller than Schnorbitz.

Credit to the series really needs to go to Drystonepaul and the other AECs, Deputy AECs and ride organisers without whose tireless enthusiasm the event series would not happen :)

Back