The Macc Monster Returns! – 13/04/13

drystonepaul":3jojtf2i said:
Did this yesterday. Tough but very good route with about 7000 ft of climbing over what I clocked as just under 68 miles in the end. It took me just under 5 and a half hours including the feed stops.
Quite a few people missed a turn due to a missing route marker, myself included, which added a few miles onto the official route.

My legs are a bit weary today, but not too bad all in all.

Hi Paul,

Glad you had a good day.
We believe the one sign was removed by a member of the public.
Extremely frustrating for us and for the riders but we will be putting in measures for next time to try and stop this happening.

Many thanks for taking part!

Snipers?

I'm assuming that you subbed in 'member of the public' in place of a more appropriate, but publicly inappropriate, phrase... ;)

elPedro666":188pxatj said:
Snipers?

I'm assuming that you subbed in 'member of the public' in place of a more appropriate, but publicly inappropriate, phrase... ;)

Indeed ;)

The sign was cut down and found about 500 metres down the road.
There's no way the wind could have blown it off!

We're working on a way to make sure all the signs stay in place next time.

Thank you to everyone who took part in The Macc Monster!
We had over 280 people sign up!

We're really grateful to everyone who came along on the day.
You have all helped to raise vital funds to support KidsCan's childhood cancer research.

The event has so far raised over £5000!
Thank you all for your support.

Thank you all again for taking part in The Macc Monster. By taking part you have helped to make a difference to the lives of children with cancer.

If you haven’t already done so, please make sure you get your copy of “Star Bites” by clicking here!
Star Bites is our celebrity recipe book designed by our patron, nutritionist Jeannette Jackson. It’s only £1 and you get 10 amazing – and healthy – recipes, that could help you get ready for your next ride!

Was it the turning onto Red Lane at Bosley Cloud that had it's sign removed?

I remember asking another rider who was following his downloaded GPS route about it as we passed. He seemed to think that we were still on the right route despite my suspicions otherwise.

drystonepaul":31jxfzkp said:
Was it the turning onto Red Lane at Bosley Cloud that had it's sign removed?

I remember asking another rider who was following his downloaded GPS route about it as we passed. He seemed to think that we were still on the right route despite my suspicions otherwise.

The missing sign was at Newtown (Biddulph Common Road). A member of the public had cut the sign down. This is extremely frustrating as the signs themselves were placed out on Friday so they were barely up 24 hours.

Back