Not So New Build - Genesis Fortitude - 2 Years In

Re: New Bike Content - Genesis Fortitude Adventure :) Rigid

so having asked mark for some sizing advice, I never got round to updating my progress - and here she is!! Having test ridden the 20.5 and 19" the 20.5 was definitely for me (am 6'2")

Currently set up as single speed with Halo Freedom Wheels and Nobby Nic rubber, Elixir 3 brakes, Raceface ride stem, Hope headset, Candy 1 pedals and Easton EA50 post / stem / bars

might go for hub gears one day, but no immediate plans. Loving it!!!

Attachments

• 008 - Copy - Copy (1024x768) (640x480).jpg
    008 - Copy - Copy (1024x768) (640x480).jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,132

Great stuff.

They seem fairly overlooked as a bike which seems strange as the reviews I've read have been very positive.

Having seen your saddle height I think you made the right decision size wise! :shock:

Mine still hasn't been washed since I built her :oops:

Its just about to get a rebuild ..... with drop bars ;)

I suppose this isn't technically a new build more a new iteration :LOL:

I have had my Fortitude for about a year now. Its my most frequently ridden bike.

Its had hardly any love or attention this winter and had just worked on every occasion from uber muddy rides to monsoon conditions and snow.

With a lot of my local riding being very claggy and interspersed with road sections I thought a cross bike might be fun but sadly no room or ££ for a complete build.

Sooo ... a rummage around in the spares bin I had most of the parts.

All I needed were some calipers (BB7 from HK) and a handle bar extension unit (see pics)

So its built :)

I've not ridden it yet so I'm sure there is some tinkering to be done.

The plan was minimal cost as TBH I don't know how I will get on with drops off road :?

If the conversion works I will look into a bar end shifter for the Alfine to tidy up the cockpit.

That said whilst unsightly I can change up and down in a reasonably comfortable fashion :LOL:

➡️ Pics: Snapped rather hastily last night!

Thoughts?

Re: New Build - Genesis Fortitude Adventure - Drop Bar - PG2

Dead Rats":3gmfdhns said:
The drops are scarily low Mark!!

Hmm.

Being new to this I guess they are :|

A higher rise stem may be needed.

That said they feel okay on the hoods.

Yeah, but you wanna be in the drops off road! I'd want the bars MUCH higher, personally.

<<Simpleton mode>> Being a bit dim but the bar position doesn't look that "different" to say this build:

2013-Genesis-Croix-De-Fer-CX-Bicycle-Main.jpg

The tyres are some NOS IRC jobbies 700x41 :xmas-cool:

true true :p

Midge bars are great aren't they? Even better when the drops are same height as the saddle though :LOL:

Back