HONC 2013 Aftermath

John":d16cf9ia said:
@Gus - DID YOU MAKE IT?>??!?

Sort of.

Paparazzi Scum friend Rich and I set off with good mojo. After he was clearly not enjoying it one bit and I realised it was shoot or bust moment, I gave my team player pep talk...

"one of us isn't going to finish this, and if we stick together it'll be two"

and buggered off leaving him chucking his bike at the ground like an angrier Contador.

So much walking and carrying the crosser as the wheels wouldn't rotate on terra firma, meant I arrived at the cake stop and all that was still there was a bloke with a hose and another bloke saying they'd removed the 100k signs. Annoyed as I still had the beans, but relieved as frankly I'd had enough of mountain biking by this point that I was intending to retire from it again (those that remember this in 2008 will testify).

Spun home on road (much nicer experience) and got in at 3.30pm. Bit annoyed I didn't do the hundred again. Bit relieved.

Good to see you all for about 15secs each.

G

What time was the cut off for the 100k at the feed station? I must of just got through

I cleared that at around the 4 hour mark it was a complete collapse after that!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Took me 25 mins to make the final decent (did assist helping some poor bugger who face planted the deck)

out of the 164 people that logged on strava I am Lanterne Rouge :cool: :LOL:

I did the 50, and got in at 1pm, but decided to do it on my Trek full suss. I was ill all last week, and I just couldn't face getting beaten up by my Timberline. The U Brake would have been a shocker as well.

Hey ho.

Fair play to anyone who did it though. That wind sucked. Not to mention that freaking road climb towards the end.

Did anyone else see that tiny kid on a 'cross bike who got in before me?

Good effort chaps !

I am gutted not to have been there this year, If I had I fear I would still be going round by the looks of it :LOL:

Any pictures up yet, would love to see an image of me looking tired and muddy.

Was out walking my dogs today, looking at all the pretty tyre patterns in the mud, when I came across this by the footpath. It would be near the Ford just before the stop at Guiting.

If anybody wants it for their fridge door or to burn or bury or just to keep as a souvenir of your lovely day out, PM me your details and I shall pop it in the post in an envelope with my compliments.

Needless to say I've washed it! :LOL:

Now taken!

Attachments

• 2013-04-16 16.53.45.jpg
    2013-04-16 16.53.45.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 973
Back