Crank Bros Pedals: Candy or Egg Beaters?

avoid the candy's! the first time I got wet mud on my sole and had to ride a section unclipped, I rode home and ordered another set of mallets, I walked funny for several day after as well! :oops: they are now relegated to the turbo trainer

As I've strangely never had problems with two pairs of CB pedals I asked some bike buddies about this. Apparently there was a year or two when CB were using low grade bearings and after complaints they eventually improved them.

Just my 2p's worth.

JT

I use Eggbeaters on my xc bike and like them so much I'm getting some Candy's to go on my work bike.
Previously I was a SPD fanboi for many years.

+ Light, simple, sheds mud

- slightly trickier to engage into than SPD

I got the Eggbeaters purely to save some weight over similarly priced SPD pedals, so far no problems at all.
I find the extra few seconds it takes to clip in is balanced by the ease of clipping in when the going gets muddy, SPD's used to clog up every now & then and not let me clip in!

My_Teenage_Self":qvku2rpp said:
Heck Guys. I'm totally stumped now!

on one hand I'm looking at Atacs, on the other I'm thinking of a throw-away-cheap cheap pair of candys to try!!

One last question... Do the new Time cleats work with the old 90's pedals?

I have a pair of All-Mountain Time pedals I'd consider selling that have about 250km on them.

They're great pedals. But since I've been blustering about Look, I'd be happy to put a pair of them on instead with the platforms. Shout up if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer DBMTB, I honestly can't decide what to do at the moment, I've a few bikes, and I LOATHE changing pedals, so I'm looking to get a few sets of whatever I go for.

Yes, I'm lazy! I also love the idea of being able to run retro pedals on my older bikes, hence the question about the time cleats... :facepalm:

If it helps at all, and it probably doesn't, Crank Bros cleats work fine with Time pedals. My wife loves Time Atacs and when I was a CB devotee I would occasionally sneak a ride on her Yeti, if you know what I mean.

Back