i don't want to pay for thatchers funeral.

technodup":3p789wwe said:
I don't want my taxes to pay for the unemployed to smoke fags, drink cider and watch Sky.

But I deal with it.

The way I see it the only way ahead is to take ownership and responsibility for your own position. Stop blaming everything and anyone else for your own situation. We are all where we deserve to be in life.

For most of us the government of the day only has any impact if we let it.

Booze and fags bring so much into the exchequer they should be handed out free.

But we are all where we deserve to be in life?

I mean, really???

highlandsflyer":6si58z4u said:
No exceptions?
I did say in the next line most of us, which was meant to cover the previous line as well. Clearly serious unavoidable illness can happen to anyone and doesn't apply to my thinking. I'm not completely heartless.

But for the rest?

Those unemployed?
Those in debt?
Those not earning as much as they think they should?
Those who are fat?
Those who got a snide degree?

Many in these groups like to blame others for their predicament. I hear it every day. And it's always pish.

I'd like to have more money, a better car, bigger house etc etc. Do I deserve it at the moment? No. I haven't put the right time or energy into the right actions. Will I have deserved it when I am in a position to retire at 40? Fncking right I will.

technodup":eh0y2mn7 said:
highlandsflyer":eh0y2mn7 said:
No exceptions?
I did say in the next line most of us, which was meant to cover the previous line as well. Clearly serious unavoidable illness can happen to anyone and doesn't apply to my thinking. I'm not completely heartless.

Well thanks for clearing that up. Because otherwise it did come across as completely heartless.

How exactly the reader was supposed to work out what you meant from what you actually wrote is anyone's guess though.

technodup":2m3k0v1u said:
I'd like to have more money, a better car, bigger house etc etc. Do I deserve it at the moment? No. I haven't put the right time or energy into the right actions. Will I have deserved it when I am in a position to retire at 40? Fncking right I will.

How old are you now, and what financial provision have you currently to retirement.

I often hear about people and ambitious plans to retire early. When asked what they've currently done, often, it's currently nothing, but they're always going to make some big shakes, in a bit, when they've got more spare...

dbmtb":1ncn4zho said:
Well thanks for clearing that up. Because otherwise it did come across as completely heartless.

How exactly the reader was supposed to work out what you meant from what you actually wrote is anyone's guess though.
It should be a given that someone with Downs for example wasn't who I was talking about ffs.

Neil":3s30b4pp said:
technodup":3s30b4pp said:

How old are you now, and what financial provision have you currently to retirement.

I often hear about people and ambitious plans to retire early. When asked what they've currently done, often, it's currently nothing, but they're always going to make some big shakes, in a bit, when they've got more spare...
I'm 35 next month.

My financial provision is nobody's business but mine, other than to say I have a very clear plan in place. I am fortunate in the sense I don't work for anyone, can build residual income quickly, am in a business where I can keep my personal spending low through barter and am part of a team with decades of experience of the highs and lows of business. Your thinly veiled barb is water off a duck's back.

I didn't say I would retire at 40, I won't. I've been made redundant once. My primary goal is to ensure I'm never in the position where someone else holds the key to my future.

Latest posts

Back