Yeti Arc 1992

little update , xt m735 for seatpost , shifters , pedals headset , mechs

brakes critical , flite , hyperlite , atac stem ,

ready to ride a wheelset with nukeproof laced onto mavic , but i'm looking for a black rims for bullseye hubs ( specialized ??? )

porc's tires

cook crank in black

no kooka !!! i'll go for black turquoise and grey

thanks for compliments , criticism obviously accepted

thanks for reply about my color doubt ,I also have not ever seen a turquoise arc completely

but i'm not purist and i really like this frame , i thought many time about color choice

i found in german forum 1 repro very cool and 1 original painted arc all grey :cool:

but i like turquoise so..... ➡️

same decals

cheers
Gianni

:D Awesome! great colour choice looks great with the 1st gen Manitous
May be the first yeti not fully decked out with Ringle I've seen in a while too.........nice

mkozaczek":2o1vpbab said:
BTW A181 simply means it's ARC #181, not the 81st ARC built in 1992.

Thought I was missing a trick here, mines A0757 and also thought to be a 92 or 93
couldn't figure that one out using any type of year / month code etc,

basically mines a later build, but thats about all you can say with any certainty.

Retro Spud":1yrpklf8 said:
mkozaczek":1yrpklf8 said:
BTW A181 simply means it's ARC #181, not the 81st ARC built in 1992.

Thought I was missing a trick here, mines A0757 and also thought to be a 92 or 93
couldn't figure that one out using any type of year / month code etc,

basically mines a later build, but thats about all you can say with any certainty.

They may have started with 100 for the production series, sure. But then your nomenclature would indicate that 7xx frame is the xx-th frame built in 1999??? The numbering scheme is truly serial, where they started is not all that relevant.

I would put a 7xx frame (mine is 769 I think) in early to mid 1993. I've had A0865 which had a 93-94ish build, and A1098 and A1100 which had a decidedly 1994 build.

hi , little update

i started with building , only for look

some doubt about stem choice , this is too long but very nice , i'll try fit an 110 mm atac in silver without noodle

temporary also Syncros crank and wheelset ,

but i can sit on it :mrgreen:

That's looking great. I'd love to have the funds to build a bike of that calibre.
Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Retro Spud":fvlubo2p said:
Yeti frames were built to race, a tool to do a job with (which they performed VERY well)
not to win some SOFT "eye candy" award for aesthetics. Cannondale had the best idea
in smoothing them off if you want to court this area.... And then Klein took it whole new
level with their overly flamboyant paint jobs, (form over function)

... hey all I was saying that the welding is not pretty; it wouldn't have taken much more effort to make it neater.... and looking at it again, it is probalby the unprettiest welds I can remember seeing for a long time, if not ever ... but it holds the frame together whcih is ultimatley its purpose.

Back