80mm travel V-Brake fork options? What's out there?

RadNomad

Senior Retro Guru
I cannot find any new 80mm travel forks with v-brake mounts (good light ones, say up to 1500grams, air sprung like SIDs etc).

Does this mean my only option is second hand? If so, what are the best options out there? Rockshox SID? Marzocchi? I'm no expert on suspension so could use some advice to find a decent fork. Does anyone on here have a fork for sale? Something good quality, light, decent handling, good condition.

Don't want much do i? :LOL:

we are talking new?
The only ones I could find that are still around are some crap low end rockshox, the manitou r7 can still be bought, but i think 2012 was the last year, so ebay and crc has them (thats what I just bought) and I believe you can get a Magura in 80mm but the v-brake is a special order option...well so the website says, figured it would be $$$$ compared to an r7 so didn't bother looking... it is very said

I mean rock shox do make one... but they just assume you want a crapola fork for some bso... I think there is a market out there for some manufacturer to cotton onto...there are a lot of old frames out there (not just here) that peopel don't want to or can't run a 100mm disc fork on.

Any solo air rockshox fork with v-brake posts can be spaced down to 80mm in about 10 minutes by adding all-travel spacers.

A Recon would be the best in the current lineup, not a bad fork by any stretch. Go back a year or two and there should be a brake boss option for Rebas too.

Back