The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
spike3":28rx4o9z said:
I have my Activator and the suspension works (20mm), flat tyres, but otherwise not too bad. Best bit has to be the glitter paint job :D

Let's hope the sun is out so we can see it in all it's glory :LOL:

Went out on Giant yesterday. Seat slipped back down the weird crappy bent over top again after a couple of miles. I wished I was one of those ninjas who can draw their plums up into their body. Possibly the most painful 8 miles since I started back into this. Have now Drilled a hole and stuck a bolt through the back of the post as a stopper. Not pretty but no cost option. :(

Will try again today....... Other than that and a clicking BB all good.

Somebody jut gt a MF courier comp for £10.50!?

I nearly bid, in fact I pressed bid and then didn't confirm my bid on that muddy fox, there is just no room in my garage. Fancied it as a another spare commute/shop/fun bike.

But back to my activator...
1. The seat is slipping, I might weld the clamp up as it's all pig iron anyway.
2. The seat post is seized in the frame and it's way too low,(blow torch and sledge hammer maybe ;) ) if the oil doesn't work
3. Gears need a little adjustment
4. Brakes, what brakes, there so bad they are almost pointless despite the pads looking almost new.
5. The rear tyre is now a semi-slick and the front is a chengshin (tasty) :twisted:
6. The chain is pretty solid with rust

So with £11.50 in the kitty I have a fair bit to try and achieve.

Sounds like you got your £13.50's worth! :LOL:

You could have had that courier for what you've got left :p

Funny you should say that my purchase should hopefully been collected as you read this by my boss

I won't see until Monday , hopefully going to be something I can work with :LOL:

daj":1ziltcig said:
Funny you should say that my purchase should hopefully been collected as you read this by my boss

I won't see until Monday , hopefully going to be something I can work with :LOL:

Ok, so what you got? Go on, go on tell us! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back