Pace RC35 steerer question

azaro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Got a nice pair of RC35's, but they have a threaded 1" steerer and I need 1 and 1/8, either threaded or ahead.

The last pair I used had a crown where the steerers were interchangeable, with a shim. This pair don't seem to have.

Is it possible to get a replacement crown?

Are you sure its an RC35, I thought all RC35's had replacable steerers. Can you post a picture?

RC 35 crowns came in three different sizes for 1", 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" steerers. If you have a crown for an inch steerer then you'll need a different crown to go 1 1/8".

There is a swop shop for steerers and crowns, I think it's at the top of the for sale section. Alternatively a wanted ad for an 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" crown (and shim) or contact Tim (justbackdated) at Fork English.

This is a good site: http://www.goatsurfer.com/pace_forks.html

rc200":2z7hae08 said:
Are you sure its an RC35, I thought all RC35's had replacable steerers. Can you post a picture?

What he said ^^^^

The only think that comes close I can think of to what the OP describes is the RC30 Trials Crown with the monstrous great bolt holding the steerer in place.

Unless of course he means the Bonded Crown Rc36's. (Pro Class 2 onwards from memory).

Back