i don't want to pay for thatchers funeral.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
much as i have respect for the dead.
i don't respect people taking my hard earned tax
pounds to pay for a funeral i won't attend.
this is an insult to the common working person.
yet another way of rubbing our faces in it. :x

rant over, i'm off to bed.

As much distaste as I have for what she stood for, I have no issue with the funeral and its cost. Bargain relative to all the Queen related rubbish we had last year.

It is just a shame we can't throw Carol Thatcher in while we are at it, the vile Terry Jones impersonator.

"She wasn't an evil monster, she was just a very naughty girl!"

Seriously though, what do people expect, that she would just be shunted off to the local crem in a cardboard box? She was three times Prime Minister elect. What I personally thought of her I have some respect for the position and her as a human being.

If I did not I might be just like her public image suggested she was.

right from what I worked out. if her funeral is 3 million quid... it's gonna cost us 20 quid each as tax payers.

seems like a bargain tbh

Blindingsun":6unjmbvt said:
right from what I worked out. if her funeral is 3 million quid... it's gonna cost us 20 quid each as tax payers.

I don't think you've got that right. £8 million quid[1] funeral across 30 million taxpayers[2] is about 27p each.

[1] Number off the news
[2] Number from HMRC

I reckon it is a bargain. Cheaper than the London Marathon. We should have one a year. Once we run out of Thatchers there should be some Windsors to keep it going.

Latest posts

Back