My 1991 Clockwork Orange

agentorange

rBotM Winner
I bought this frame new in 1991 from Stif Bikes when they were down that back alley in Headingly for £230. Originally it was classic orange and white but it got a bit scabby by 1998 so I had it resprayed (stupidly) and I got the stickers from Orange who had no Clockwork ones left.

Components are all original XT with brakes upgraded from Dia Compe to XTR recently & Ritchey stem I just bought from a fellow board member.

prestige.JPG

Nice. Stem goes well with the USE post! ;)

I don't think it's a '91 though is it? The all top tube routing came a little later I think.

Cluckwerk

Yeah, she's a 91, had the f/mec noodle ground off and the top routing cups added at the point of respray.

Hi Max, yeah sorry, big thanks by the way for sending that through so quickly. I love the stem for the very reason you mention.

Ha! That explains it. Thanks for the note - nice stems those, tidy welding, I will probably regret it if ever I go real retro and go back to a threaded headset. Pleased to see it being used though - and still able to say it has never been in any frame but an Orange.

;)

Liking it, not sure I would have mint green tyres, but a lovely antique steed. I bet it rides well, my old '98 P7 still rides better than any of my aluminium bikes.

Back