Something from Nothing aka Project recycled

photoman125":1cns2oeq said:
Just a quick update, not really had time to do anything on the bike. I should get a lot more done this week. I need to get a Hurret Sachs front derralieur to match the rear. Apart from that I'm ready to rebuild :)

Bottom pull off the old Peugeot ,any good....karma like :) I may have a better one

johntomjoe":28zegf9a said:
photoman125":28zegf9a said:
Just a quick update, not really had time to do anything on the bike. I should get a lot more done this week. I need to get a Hurret Sachs front derralieur to match the rear. Apart from that I'm ready to rebuild :)

Bottom pull off the old Peugeot ,any good....karma like :) I may have a better one
That would be perfect, pm sent and if you need any mtb parts just shout. I recycle and rebuild bikes to give local people transport and always have plenty of mountain bike parts.

I forgot to add photo ,well I'm getting old now,:) hope this is what you need ,I'm sure I have a Carlton one somewhere :cool:

I'm building charity bikes for a young girl to sell to get funds for a trip to help an African village,and also supply the odd one to the homeless,RSPCA and other charities,got plenty of parts but will bear your generous offer in mind,I just picked up some bikes from a Ripon college in oxford so hoping its the start of loads more karma for 2013 :) :) :)

Attachments

• WP_000835.jpg
    WP_000835.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 220
That derralieur is ideal. I'm OK for a rack thanks. I rebuild bikes for people that can't afford them any other way. The bikes are usually donated, often heading for landfill and like you any money I can make is ploughed back into parts.
I'm starting a local group, teaching people to ride, maintain their bikes and taking out rides. It all has to wait until I've made my 310 mile ride for Rainbows Children's Hospice. Solo and unsupported. If anyone would like to donate you can donate online at www.just giving.com/Steven-Taylor6 or by text BMBS51 £1 to 70070 thanks everyone for your support. Plenty of photos this week :)

Cool ,will post tomorrow :)

Will have to donate on payday:) I tried to get some bikes from our local recycling plant but they auction them off,even tho the local homeless shelter, my main charity is run by the council :)

Sorry no pics, my internet is down. Just a quick update. I've started cleaning all the parts and found one of the Altenburger centrepull calipers had a crack in it, found a Weinman 750 in the spares box( the last centre pull I had) and once cleaned up will be fitted. Apart from that everything is going to plan :)

The bike is finally finished. I wouldn't call it restored, that was never my intent. The whole idea of the project was to make a bike that was safe for my 310 mile charity ride, but had to cost nothing to complete. I can honestly say the bike wouldn't have looked this good without the parts donations from bagpuss and johntomjoe.
The forks were originally chrome and I was going to use some chrome tape, but as the chrome was in such a poor condition I went for respraying with the only red spray, a suprisingly good match

The rear derallieur cleaned up well and johntomjoe supplied a Sachs front derallieur to replace the no make one on the bike

Brake calipers were altenburger centre pull, when I cleaned them the rear had a crack so was replaced with a weinmann.

The bike came with a Brooks Pro Saddle so wife cleaned it up.
The yellow cable outers and brake blocks were donated by Bagpuss, everything else came out of my spares boxes or were on the bike when it arrived. Tyres are Michelin World Tour donated by my Carlton, along with the wheels as they had the quick release system for the single wheel trailer, wheels and tyres were put on Carlton for selling.
So here's the finished bike, prior to fitting bags, lights etc

Very nice job that :cool: well done ,in my tidy up I found various centre pull brakes from the Peugeot etc so if you ever need them :xmas-big-grin:

yes I know its an Xmas grin but I try to give presents every week.....

Back