'88-'89 Explosif

Re: Kona frames still eluding me

al-onestare":2kkez6ql said:
How did you get on with the Hot?

Still hasn't materialized and still haven't heard from the guy I bought it from :cry:
Don't really know what to think as the seller just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to pull a stunt like this...
Haven't heard from him since 23/02 though so maybe I'm just a really bad judge of character :LOL: ... :cry:
Time will tell

Check out the ebay section: there's a super rare Killi SE from 97 in 18". Looks proper nice!

al-onestare":1xstxzi6 said:
Check out the ebay section: there's a super rare Killi SE from 97 in 18". Looks proper nice!

Man, that is a nice colour! :shock: Never seen one of these before, if I didn't already have a '97 Kilauea (thank you sir! ;) ) I might have had to have a go

By the way, the Hot turned up this week :D :D :D Everything turned out good in the end!!

Canuck":339fq8l4 said:
al-onestare":339fq8l4 said:

Man, that is a nice colour! :shock: Never seen one of these before, if I didn't already have a '97 Kilauea (thank you sir! ;) ) I might have had to have a go

By the way, the Hot turned up this week :D :D :D Everything turned out good in the end!!

:D :D :D great news bud :D :D :D ..need some pics..

really glad for you bud

Ernie ;)

Canuck":1w5jfu2v said:
al-onestare":1w5jfu2v said:

Excellent news...and what Ernie said!! Did you spot the 18" U'hu on ebay at the mo?

I can see I've been a bit slack in updating my post's :oops: , so here's a bit of an eye candy bump...well, she's seen better day's but still look's good in my eye's :D
The latest arrival, a '96 Hot. No crack's, dent's, ding's, bend's, etc. The paint is a bit worse for wear however all original so I don't think she'll be getting a respray, alway's prefer to save the original paint if at all possible.
One thing I did notice about this frame compared to the other 853 Kona's is how much thinner the tubing is. I have yet to measure the diameter of the top and down tubes, chain and seat stay's but they are visably slimmer....look's well smart! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 187
Back