Salsa Al La Carte - Jelly Bean - update 14/04/2013

Re: Salsa Al La Carte - Jelly Bean

Good to see this thread again, love the Jellybean Salsa

Re: Salsa Al La Carte - Jelly Bean

Made some changes to this and just taken it on the HONC.

I have changed the brake cable for some red shimano outer, fitted re-issue smoke/dart and changed the fork lowers to a Mag 20 and Gil_m has made some large Rockshox stickers to his usual high standard - thanks Gil!

I also got some matthauser brake blocks for the Graftons however after 4 hours of screwing around trying to get them set up I gave up and changed them out for some black m734's. 10 minutes an end later and the stoppers are perfect - and look good too.

Forgot a couple of bits - changed to a more period correct red label flight and replaced the rear brake hanger - (thanks retrobikeguy :cool: ), this has improved the rear brake cable routing some what.

gingernuts/badger":3gczkn4h said:
still lovely,
what bar is it again? you say it's Salsa.
is it one of the 3ttt ones they collaborated on?

ta

Yes Salsa/3ttt I'd like one of the shimmed salsa ones but they are like rocking horse pooh and this one kind of suits it.

hmmmm, i keep wondering what to have one mine - i thought i'd scored an early Taperlite the other week but it turned out to be something else from the Far East.
I tried a Purple Hyperlite on there too

Attachments

• IMG_3968.JPG
    IMG_3968.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 467
Looks nice with those early RS. Maybe try something a bit less bling with the bar - black taper/hyperlite or a 3ttt Pro-Compe maybe?

Re:

Jelly beaned the fatty to match!

Attachments

• IMG_0857.JPG
    IMG_0857.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 375
Back