Longuns Scunthorpe Circular Aftermath

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Thanks to everyone who turned out for this and a huge thanks to Chris for giving us such an excellent route with a perfectly timed lunch stop.
The wind caused some interesting moments and must have a added a few miles onto already tired legs.
I thought the riders who hadnt ridden for a long time did fantastically well and Adam now wants to try and make all the bigger rides.
No decent pics from me I'm afraid so I'll look forward to seeing yours.

Strava GPS - http://www.strava.com/activities/48764841

Hi All

Thanks go out to Longun for organising a great, albeit windy, ride out. Great scenery and a good crack as usual.

I just realised, I didn't fall off today !!!

My two penneth:

GEDC2349_zpsf3642eb4.jpg

GEDC2351_zps40de598a.jpg

GEDC2352_zpsba21e218.jpg

GEDC2354_zpsb6af9cd9.jpg

GEDC2358_zpscb0c1ddc.jpg

GEDC2359_zps9a09dc8d.jpg

GEDC2360_zps22091604.jpg

GEDC2362_zps2b0a0253.jpg

GEDC2364_zpsa9b2dbd5.jpg

Awesome ride today, route is ace, scenery was epic, banter was top notch as always!

Wind was hellish, im absolutely destroyed, but i loved it!

Didnt take any pics, well, one but ive posted that in the chat for the ride thread, loved today, thankyou guys!

Looks like you all had a spiffing time. :cool: not raining heavy and so-forth.

What is/was that red marin? y2k decals, mid-90's parts and a early 90's frame. please tell. :?

Marc the red Marin belongs to Jason a friend of Longuns, he was given the bike after his mate had finished using it as a commuter I believe and has a fairly fresh powder coat. I think Jason said it started life as a Bear Valley and now its his every day bike as he a has a Lapierre for the really rough stuff.
Amusing thing was he was never that far behind us on the offroad sections despite being on pretty skinny slicks :LOL:

ha ha, great! A bike put to good use. Thing is he'll have it forever, won't break easily that and made more comfy with some modern bits..

respect.

chrisv40":2lmuklrf said:
Amusing thing was he was never that far behind us on the offroad sections despite being on pretty skinny slicks :LOL:

Never that far behind, he overtook me on that skitty/gravelly downhill section that had a few of us sliding about all over, and i was in big ring and pedalling when he passed me the mad mo-fo lol!

finally got the pictures up, all the bikes included at the cafe. unfortunately they're shared with the Google+ group till I link them in here for the bike pervs ;-)

sorry i missed you all. couldnt make the ride in the end but was going to pop and say hi before you set off but ended up having to be in darlington for 10

Back