Hello, new here. Marin Bear Valley SE 93 parts needed please

andysn14

Retro Newbie
Hello, I have only just found this site whilst searching the web for bits to restore my otherwise almost immaculate 93 model Bear Valley SE to original condition after a misquided "upgrade" in the early noughties. I have everything except the Rockstar forks and plated quill stem. I have even obtained a new Richey Logic headset. Does anyone have the grey 93 Rockstar forks and plated "silver" stem for a reasonable price please? This bike is important to me. I have had some great times on it.

Andy
Wiltshire, England

Re: Hello, new here. Marin Bear Valley SE 93 parts needed pl

Hello
The roller stems are similar to the nickel? plated one that I'm looking for and I do have a tatty orange one already that I got from a local dealer, along with a pair of tatty silver Rockstar forks from about the same date. I'm looking for ones with the right finishes as I have no idea how I can get them refinished to the right colours without spending a lot.
Thanks all the same.

Andy

andysn14":13s6sg4b said:
93 model Bear Valley SE. Does anyone have the grey 93 Rockstar forks?

I have the grey ones but shouldn't you be looking for black?

Hello
My frame (19") is definitely a smooth satin-like finished dark, slightly blueish, grey with silver solid, not outline, decals. The joints are gloss coated. I believe that is the 93 model, unlike the one about to finish on ebay, which has the outline decals and is probably 94. Mine has Deore LX/ Exage, not STX. Are you willing to part with the grey forks, what condition are they in, and what is your price please?. Do you know of anyone who has the silver roller stem to go with them?
Thanks
Andy

Exage and LX scream '93 to me but unfortunately mine are grey with silver ends..

Sorry i can't help with the plated roller stem but i have seen a couple on eBay in the past.

Thanks for responding anyway. The search goes on.
Andy

Latest posts

Back