Bespoke Bristol

So who went? What did you think? How much did you spend?

I had a good chat with Brian at Roberts Cycles, about my DB, and also with the guys at Woodelo, Shand, and Velo Orange, where I bought a bottle cage for the CATS.

Some very neat and tidy bikes, nothing wildly eye popping.

Very cool mtb on Ted James's stand, he seems to have calmed down a bit. Couple of VERY affordable frame jigs, making the idea of starting to build my own even more of a temptation. Amazing finishes at Faggin.

Bike of the show was the Stoater fat tyre, very closely followed by the copper finished mtb on Demon's stand, but there were loads I would have liked to brought home.

very closely followed by the copper finished mtb on Demon's stand said:
thanks that's mine ;)

i left about midday on saturday, i really hate crowds like that, i get claustrophobic, the friday night preview was better, not particularly crowded and beer on tap with a very relaxed feel unlike the hecticness of saturday

jonnyboy666":318zokhj said:
thanks that's mine ;)

I thought it might be, and actually mentioned you by handle to my daughter. The retro influence is pretty evident; it's a very nice looking bike.

I attended on Saturday last year and it got very busy by mid morning, hence this years Sunday visit. It was starting to fill up as we left, around lunchtime.

jonnyboy666":s942xvx4 said:
NeilM":s942xvx4 said:
very closely followed by the copper finished mtb on Demon's stand,
thanks that's mine ;)
What, this old thing??

8649264588_96ef3190b9_z.jpg

It's alright I s'pose... :LOL:

Was good to JB's bike there, I did wonder if it would make an appearance on the Demon stand. Some beautiful bikes there, the Indy Fabs were lovely, but the clincher was the bike with the gearbox:

8649260394_411db96b96_z.jpg

8648158813_9202eae930_z.jpg

Loopwheels suspension wheels were pretty interesting too, but looked a very firm ride.

8649263184_0e8befcf60_z.jpg

However, being skint I couldn't really buy anything, but god help me I wanted one of these...

8648162943_ef470e614b_z.jpg

I have plenty of photos, could stick loads up but would be here all day uploading them!

However, being skint I couldn't really buy anything, but god help me I wanted one of these...

Right! Where to I buy one of those pleeeeeese?

shame I missed you guys. Was there today, from around 11, left at 3.30, but I did pop into Bristol to grab a bite. Didn't spot the jigs for sale, as it was a bit busy, didn't get to talk to that many people. I spoke to Chris Hodge, who is on here, about the bike he built with Downland, and about me doing a course, also the guys at The Bicycle Academy. Tom at Demon was really nice and friendly, as the guy from ERA and the guys from BTR. Don't know who I spoke to at Roberts, but the road bike they had there was amazingly light, 5kg, without pedals! The Dogs Bolx is still going, albeit at £1600 for frame only, and a different form from the old days

Tc":2bdjaurg said:

Right! Where to I buy one of those pleeeeeese?

Rubber stamp on the bench says TBA = The Bicycle Academy in Frome.

Great show again. It didnt seem quite as busy as last year, which was a blessing tbh.
Too many nice frames to remember, the Hewitts/Creative Metalworks stand had some really nice race frames on, steel is definately real.
Some nice retro clothing stands dotted about too, I meant to grab a paul's components T-shirt before I left but got dragged down the pub. Creux had a nice riding jacket & T-shirts & jerseys too & there was a brand called Pedaled 'pedalling' some pretty expensive jackets that had me holding my wallet tightly.

I might upload some pics if I can get them off my phone.

Back