1989 Romani with a real difference!

Captain Vimes

Retro Guru
I bought and renovated this Romani early last year. As I got into renovating bikes and bought a few more I was not sure what to do with it as it is not a particularly high spec bike, and I now have better riding bikes, but it was my first renovation and I did not want to sell it on.

So I had it painted red, bought a few decals and had a few made up specially, and created a tribute to my childhood hero, Gilles Villeneuve! It will now hang on the wall in my workshop.

Sad or brilliant? I will let you decide. :D

CIMG8009_zps73a988f4.jpg

CIMG8011_zps11ba3a1b.jpg

CIMG8014_zps18d0d960.jpg

1981126C1_zps704e2af1.jpg

I'm not too sure the bike is "coherent" with the F1 world of those years, cannot remember any driver being a keen cyclist either.
By the words of Jacques Villeneuve, there wasn't any "specific physical training" in those days, so hard to imagine a driver being a good cyclist.

But I salute your project, and the passion for your hero! :cool:

Jenson Button is a top flight triathlete, and Mark Webber is a keen MTB'er...

This thread caught my eye a I've a 1978 Elswick waiting to be rebuilt and I've been wondering what to do. This thread mad got me thinking, and it turns out JPS Lotus won the championship in the year the Elswick was made so I think I'll do it black with gold JPS Lotus decals.

Chopper1192":307uyvas said:
Jenson Button is a top flight triathlete, and Mark Webber is a keen MTB'er...

This thread caught my eye a I've a 1978 Elswick waiting to be rebuilt and I've been wondering what to do. This thread mad got me thinking, and it turns out JPS Lotus won the championship in the year the Elswick was made so I think I'll do it black with gold JPS Lotus decals.

Indeed! Mario Andretti in the Lotus 79.

The Lotus black and gold JPS scheme is another on my list to make at some point. Nice tie-in to the year of manufacture.

Pics when done please.

Vimes

Aye, will do. Halfway through a Saracen rebuild, then the Elswich is next. For most of what I need apart from handlebars,so its a a visit to the powder coaster and some time spent with the spanners.

It fits well, I remember that schumacher regularly used to train with rominger and various formula 1 makers have produced bikes. Love it!

Back