Tv re-tuning?

can you get access to the aerial? if you can, find out where your main transmitter is and point it at that. there may be a relay transmitter that has been switched on recently.

ignore signal 'strength', you just need signal 'quality' - all the required bits of data arrive in 'packets' so dont go and buy any of the old style signal boosters thinking that will solve it as they just amplify the shite.

I've got all the channels back now just a bit dodgy sometimes, I messed with it yesterday day lost all my recordings of the hardrive but its better than it was so I'm settling for it! Cured of messing with it now :|
Thanks for the replays fellas, Daz.

I retuned now the tv wont turn on..... I preferred my 25 year old tv that was as deep as it was wide, it never broke down. My new one promised great things but seems to have died now at 12 1/2 months old. I'm setting up "retrotvset.co.uk" in protest at disposable modern tellies that die prematurely/lose their glossy picture when a cloud passes by 7 miles up in the sky.

futuristicoldman":29xd0a34 said:
I retuned now the tv wont turn on..... I preferred my 25 year old tv that was as deep as it was wide, it never broke down. My new one promised great things but seems to have died now at 12 1/2 months old. I'm setting up "retrotvset.co.uk" in protest at disposable modern tellies that die prematurely/lose their glossy picture when a cloud passes by 7 miles up in the sky.

I work in TV and you still can't beat a CRT TV for quality! I miss the "snowy picture" if the signal was crap you could still watch it! With new Digital "packets" you loose the picture completely or it freezes and you loose the audio too!...To be fair its not so much the fault of the TV more the transmission change from Analogue to Digital. With the increase in quality comes a higher error frequency and with a weaker signal a more likely failure of video/audio. For my buck (and I will not pay for Sky!) Freesat is the way forward...yes there is some atmospheric attenuation but in real terms "it won't f**k up" as frequently! Its free and for about £50 you can get the all you need to set it up...

Tv signal is still playing up and Ive done all I can, its getting on my nerves (just a little bit now) keeps failing to record things as the signals not strong enough :evil:

Just been in Blackpool working, stayed at a mates and every time a bus or a moped goes past (every 5 mins!) he loses every channel!!! so it could be worse :shock:

retune it when the weather is neutral - ie no hot sun, rain, wind or snow. Sounds a primitive, but I've found that works best for me.

Back