anyone know this man/bike??

mattpayne

Retro Guru
a bit of a long shot here! but.... Ive been browsing my old photos and came across this... the bike was in right nice condition so the chap was a fan... wondering if ether are still about?? :)

August 1999 - i think it was a SAMS race

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

you will have to excuse the photos my 1998 retro digicamera had a massive 320k resolution!!! :shock:

that's Alex Davidson. He's got quite a few Fat's, moved back to NZ now though! I can probably track down an email address if you want?

Was riding with Alex down south last Dec - he was quite excited we had possibly the most ever FAT Chances in 1 place in NZ or maybe S.hemisphere!!!

y4mfxu.jpg

Alex December 2005

yj56sy.jpg

Here's a more recent pic of Alex taken whilst out riding down on South Island some place...supreme. Matt , he writes the occassionsal feature for Singletrack mag, the last one was about the tdf & a van n'some riding etc. a really good read.

wow!!! :) I am impressed!!!

it would be nice to grab an email, but i know what im like and id never get round to mailing him!!! :) it was more curiosity than anything else! good to see he still rides and rides a fat!! :)

Back