Bleedin customs

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
First time being stung by customs for a US purchase. :twisted: Shouldn't complain but it is a pisser when the mans got your booty and demands an extra £30. I honestly thought you were allowed something like $150, which is another lesson.

Again all things being unequal, still came out with a better deal and have had things in the past slip through(removes the hat of magnamity).

yes we've had discussions about this in the past and the main gripe seems to be the inconsistency...

Was it USPS via ParcelFarce by any chance?

By the way >> One item valued at £36 or below is Free of customs duty and import VAT.
If they find out you've lied about the 'Gift' classification (under £36) or marked the value down lots then they get arsey.

One item valued at £44 (for example) - Customs duty is charged unless the amount of duty is less than £7. Import VAT is chargeable on the full value.

Royal Mail (and ParcelFarce) also have the right to charge handling fees if they've had to examine the package.

This is quite good>> http://www.sloanefox.freeserve.co.uk/importukduty.htm

I get hit probably 1 out of every 20 shipments from outside the EU and 99% of these items are way over £36....work that out :roll: :roll: :roll:

It was UPS. None of the items individually were over £36 which I wonder if I had gotten sent individually would have slipped by?

kaiser":1cakfwlo said:
It was UPS. None of the items individually were over £36 which I wonder if I had gotten sent individually would have slipped by?

Yes cos they aggregate multiple items inside a package ;)

To top it off, ordered 1 bearing instead of 2 for a hub rebuild :(

Latest posts

Back