Klein Mantra, Girvin, Spin wheels

jacko

Retro Newbie
Hi guys & girls. been building my own bikes for years but really like this one so thought id share

98 blastberry chameleon mantra running a fox float
girvin vector 2s modified for shorter headtube, fox float and disc brakes, plastic bearings replaced with proper bearings
spin wheels, front modified to run disc brake, rear is on the cards for next winter rebuild. I can rebuild SPINS (bearings, swap rims etc) and modify to run front discs, rear disc conversion is all thought out but yet to be built

other bits....hope skewers, titanium bolts everywhere, hope m4 braided front with red lever, xtr v rear, xtr shifters, x-lite bar ends, use carbon bars, crank bros carbon stem, chris king headset, conti tyres, latex tubes, use seatpost, x-lite Kevlar seat, middleburn crank with ti bolts, middleburn rings with ti bolts, Royce bb, crank bros 4 ti eggbeaters with ti nuts and caps and rebuilt to bin the plastic shim and run a needle bearing, xtr mechs, knc gold chain and kcnc gold / ti cassette, my own design carbon seat mud flap with a mint sauce logo laser engraved on!

weighs about 25lbs, hopefully less cos I want to make a ti axle for the rear spin soon and fit ceramic bearings

used everyday 8 miles to work and back and sometimes in anger at Cannock Chase when I get time

ah ha! cheers for help with pics.

don't think the camera on my works ms surface is up to much tho....win/nokia photobucket app needed me thinks...!

Back