The HiFi chat, build and modification thread!

I have a battery powerd Nico sound labs head phone amp that i use with full size CD player, the twin batteries last for ages, goes loud and is very very well reviewed in say places like rockgrotto.........if you get back on the head amp idea, i'd be interested to see if you could make one as good as his stuff at the same price or better........i've had his main supply amp stuff too, very nice, but i got my portable converted to take RCA plugs and well it sounds a lot better some some stuff i've heard...........

Coincidentally, I have an idea (based on something in one of that straight taking genius, Doug Self's books) for a bit of a unique topology for a headphone amp. Will give it a shot soon and let you know how it pans out.

Where?

He's a bit of a breath of fresh air in an audio world ruled by fools with £1000 cables, carbon fibre CD stabilisers and mortgageable 'mains purifiers' - and he knows his shit when it comes to audio electronics!

Speaks volumes about the chap doesn't it? Those guys wouldn't take any old fool with some unobtanium cables and some fairy dust.

We 'threatened' to void warranties if anything other than the supplied power cable was used with TMA products - I was getting tired of the constant 'would it improve the sound if I used a Kimber cable?' emails...

pk10.palladian.png

Back