If you were to buy a modern bike what would you choose?

+1 for a custom hardtail, probably Ti - Dekerf or an IF (not that imaginitive i know). Responses like that would may be typical on this site as most of us would probably like modern versions of the old stuff! :D

Think it would have to be a steel hard tail, (preferably custom), 29er, 2x10 XTR or Rolhoff

As always depends on your budget and what you want the bike to do! I really like my modern Marin but it aint light, (or pretty in most peoples eyes) but it can go anywhere with a smooth ride and I could ride it all day every day...just I wouldn't be at the front of the pack! But at the end of the day I wouldn't have back ache or wrists that are jarred to pieces!

Doug

Attachments

• 2008 Marin Rift Zone.jpg
    2008 Marin Rift Zone.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 503
wookiee":32da9ifz said:
As always depends on your budget and what you want the bike to do!
Exactly.

Without knowing those two vital bits of info there is no right answer to the question

If it's a no budget xc/trail bike then go custom built, you won't go wrong

For me it would be a Rock Lobster in 650b wheel size. Always wanted a vintage one and it still eludes me (that's a hint by the way) so may as well at least get. Modern one.

Andy B":22z2l1ay said:
wookiee":22z2l1ay said:
As always depends on your budget and what you want the bike to do!
Exactly.

Without knowing those two vital bits of info there is no right answer to the question

If it's a no budget xc/trail bike then go custom built, you won't go wrong

Hi Andy

This was an open question really, I was just sat having a glass of wine and thought: 'I wonder what the guys and gals would have if the Retrobikes disappeared'.

I have no personal plans to buy a modern bike, I had no budget in mind, I just fancied seeing peoples reactions etc.

Some interesting comments coming out already however, I can definitely see a trend appearing, a preference for a custom build hehe

Back