FS Maxy Cross Crankset SOLD

as much as i would like to polish everyones bike parts i have plenty of my own to do and do a lot as it is, hence knowing that sort of corrosion comes up pretty easily.

bendy, you have low balled a few people that i am aware of, only it is probably the first time this has come out in the open and the only reason i posted it. as its a text book instance of it happening again.

you have low balled me on some bike parts i had under a different user name, which when put on ebay, 99p no reserve, funnily enough sold for substantially more that what you told me they were worth, on account of them needing a lot of work etc.

when i had asked about that chrome bmx i had in another thread, out of the blue 2 different people pm'd me saying to watch out if you had made me an offer. i wont say who they were but if they want to say anything thats up to them.

doesnt make me feel foolish at all, i feel bad for the bloke selling them for less than they were worth but if hes happy with that thats fine, not for me to say any more on it.

the rest of it about stopping deals, you must have confused me with someone else and this is the first time ive said anything.

and for what its worth i have no problem with people making a bit of cash, selling bits and pieces or getting a bargain. its when you say something is worse than it is and the value is low because of it, when that is not the case, then swoop in to buy it cheap, thats the sort of thing i dont agree with.
and it has happened here - to the extent where a few people have said something as it seems abnormal.

weeman_mtb":3nn5lh4y said:
Thing is I didn't see any of you lot above jumping in with a price when I asked for one.

These cranks were for sale at that price to anyone on this forum for a good two hours and twenty minutes before B said he'd have them, it's not like the deal was done behind closed doors.

He also advised that I could have put them on Ebay and made more, but I'd rather a hassle free deal on here.

I'm happy, the buyer's happy, be happy for us :D .

why didnt you stick them on ebay?bigger audience ?surely you would have done some research,find out how much you could get?i would have!
kind of funny that the guy who quoted,bought them.

yes they were on here 2h20min but im not a mod on here.

would have grabbed these for £30 all day long

So please tell me how long I would take you to polish the cranks then ? and it you wanted to return them back to original which you seem to be basing you prices on ! how much is it to get them anodized with postage back and forth ? and then buy a axle with nuts and also some bearing to make a complete set up of which then it would be worth top dollar !

sorry if I am confusing you with some one else -as you say you have a couple of different accounts - don't know why you need them unless you are trying to hide some thing or catch some one out ? strange :? , perhaps you are trying to play other members off in threads ?

I my self know what it takes to do polishing to a high standard and how long it can all take - ask some of my customers over on RAD who are very happy and continue to use me
So if I was to polish out the corrosion in the cranks - how do you get the original finish and not look over polish under the anno ? can you tell me - it should take you a couple of minutes by you understanding :facepalm:

Why ask for a pricing if you are unhappy with what you hear, only to put it on ebay and get a different price - every one knows ebay can show different results on different days for the same item or did you not realise this :?

I'm sure other members have a different idea of what price they think things are worth - they can post up in threads and say if they like - I say what I feel it is worth, and what work has to be done - only a fool would pay top dollar for a item that needs work, and then not realise that they may have to pay out for more work, to be done to it for the end result of what they want the item to look like

Pleas do tell me what I have swooped in on to buy - the cranks were up for any one to by for some time - Chris set the price and said he was happy with it - you seem to have a problem with this ? Chris is happy and I'm happy ~ quite why this has any thing to do with you I fail to see :?

so far every thing you have said just doesn't make sense :? why did you not post up in the thread when Chris was selling, say that with all you knowledge that you feel that he would get loads more from ebay or so ?

I would like to see it from you point of view, but I don't think I could stick my head up your arse too :?

cheers B ;)

oldschoolfool":3pgd1ksz said:
eastcoastbmx":3pgd1ksz said:
So how much do you think there worth??

in that condition,todays price

£80-£90

+post
There not much more brand new!!
Why would you pay £80-£90 for well used? and to restore would cost loads the proper end caps can cost upto £50
sugino chainring bolts arnt cheap neither

oldschoolfool":1d50wzan said:
weeman_mtb":1d50wzan said:
Thing is I didn't see any of you lot above jumping in with a price when I asked for one.

These cranks were for sale at that price to anyone on this forum for a good two hours and twenty minutes before B said he'd have them, it's not like the deal was done behind closed doors.

He also advised that I could have put them on Ebay and made more, but I'd rather a hassle free deal on here.

I'm happy, the buyer's happy, be happy for us :D .

why didnt you stick them on ebay?bigger audience ?surely you would have done some research,find out how much you could get?i would have!
kind of funny that the guy who quoted,bought them.

yes they were on here 2h20min but im not a mod on here.

would have grabbed these for £30 all day long

now this seems strange ? you think that a Mod sits here all day long waiting for people to post, just so they can be the first to see it :? :facepalm:

so in that 2 hour 20 minutes no one else could buy them :?

but you also say that you would of bought them for £30 (of which you are again wrong on price :facepalm: ) - so tell me that you would of offered more money due to your valuation or told him to put them on ebay and take a chance that he will get loads of money for them ;)

As a member on here, I'm allowed to buy and sell items - just the same as any one else - so your quote of "kind of funny that the guy who quoted,bought them." again make no sense :?

I think there are a couple of guys that need to do there research and not show themselves up in the way they have done

So lets see -
I had said a price that I felt after the hard work and or money put into a item it was worth - the item was not nos or complete and so I took this in to consideration.
The seller has chosen to put up a price that he felt happy with.
Had I offered a price to him, would I not of done it via pm's and bought it from him this way ?
There was plenty of time (2h20m) for any other member to buy them !
So you feel that every one should know the price that you feel they are worth as say that ?
You had a chance to let Chris know in the original thread

I feel that you really don't know what you are talking about, :facepalm:

I'm not sure also where you want to take this - every thing you have said I have explained. I keep having to explain and point out things that you say, that don't make sense :roll:

cheers B ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLD-SCHOOL-BM ... true&rt=nc

clean/polish the corrosion and restore original finish - hourly rate for some one to do - whoever bought them that couldn't do it or the time it took for the buyer to do
axle and nuts washers
bearings
sugino chain ring bolts - nos
end caps
re anno - professional finish from the right company
postage back and forth for any item

so please tell me that if you bought the cranks for £90.00 - then what would the rest of it all cost and how much would you of spent on it all in the end ? and what could you buy a new set for !

cheers B :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":y8uzk0bn said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-RED-SUGINO-MAXY-CROSS-CRANK-SET-SUGINO-44T-CHAINRING-BB-SET-/130884785959?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Pu%252FeXlaqpMGCcYxgATYtuC9WjYk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

clean/polish the corrosion and restore original finish - hourly rate for some one to do - whoever bought them that couldn't do it or the time it took for the buyer to do
axle and nuts washers
bearings
end caps

so please tell me that if you bought the cranks for £90.00 - then what would the rest of it all cost and how much would you of spent on it all in the end ? and what could you buy a new set for !

its a shame your going about it the most expensive route. paying someone an hourly rate to polish, buying nos sugino ring bolts when theres nothing wrong with the originals etc. sucked up a lot of unnecessary cost just there.

im not into squabling over this.

im just pointing out that its unusually cheap and the price was based on your valuation.

you posted up a used set in excellent condition which is £100+ without postage, yours was £40 with postage so fair to say £30-35 exc postage & packing.

there is a large price difference based entirely on condition, which is not relative. that is plain as day. £60+ i would say would be about right, theyre a relatively sought after item, the item is more sought after than the condition. obviously a sought after item in best condition would command more but condition is not its defining feature.

others have noticed this before, you tried it on with me when you thought i knew no better, theres a thread about a curtis frame which is strangely familiar to this one. there are no doubt other instances of this.

take from it what you will but thats all im saying on that, i dont want to argue over it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":1zs9i0ls said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-RED-SUGINO-MAXY-CROSS-CRANK-SET-SUGINO-44T-CHAINRING-BB-SET-/130884785959?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Pu%252FeXlaqpMGCcYxgATYtuC9WjYk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

axle and nuts washers
bearings
end caps

they were £40-£30 more than i said.£108 is a good price.why the face palm.i said £80-90,which i still think he would get on ebay
they have not been re annodised. survivor condition
what,you couldnt degrease a spindle to make it look clean?
£10 postage is easily met

i could easily buff yours up in half an hour mate,ive done plenty.dont make it sound like a days job!

mate,you have a good way with words

you had a bargain at £30(+£10 postage)

Back