My "first" retro build :D = JMC Stumpjumper =

Blindingsun":28l2n4d8 said:
all the coast bits were whitby as far as I've been made aware, the house/back garden in DIRT is Pete Tomkins house as far as I know... other place's I'm going to speak to Jim about =D

Robin Hoods Bay area i was always led to believe, which is obviously right near Whitby, but narrows it down a little bit for you!

And yes it was Pete Tomkins house (aka mr crud) and he was the one driving the crud truck in the vid iirc!

Bike is looking awesome, i adore the video dirt and i think im now going to watch it sunday morning before i go out on the scunny ride with the boys from here lol!

cheers man, having more problems than I need. steerer tube needs cut. need new gear cables cos they were too short. I can't afford tyres and a seatpost atm :(

gonna cry. brb

We go past Mr Crud's house (old house ?) something like that, on our Ravenscar Railway ride (though cancelled this year but here's last years viewtopic.php?p=1375424#1375424 )

He's now running Sensible Products LTD and you can easily find his details with that info if you desired.

Random question .. I remember Jason running crossed gear cables on the downtube.... is this right?., trying to set mine up that way and they seem to rub...

FluffyChicken":6ad4g8fx said:
We go past Mr Crud's house (old house ?) something like that, on our Ravenscar Railway ride

Really, thats interesting, does you know where abouts it is, id love to go for a ride round that area :D

Blindingsun":1wyp8p3q said:
New toys arrived today thanks to RockiMtn!!, although I did get hammered for import tax :(

:D

:D :D :D:( (on the import tax, sorry!)

Don't give up on the build… persevere!!! ;)

I would, but I'm having severe cash flow problems. having to sell the car + my guitar :(

need to get some actual tyres + new azonic bars .. :(

Retro Spud":2ad1a6m9 said:
Blindingsun":2ad1a6m9 said:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8536/8638773934_bc5f5f0ae7_k.jpg

Pic of my special present =D

Photoshopped Jim's number out for privacy reasons

Blindingsun/Rising Star

That snap is way to good to tuck away behind a link sir !

Brilliant picture and have to say thats a hat to be treasured forever

what a lovely guy Jim is :D

Ride Free

Dave

Yeah the hat is awesome, as is the pin badge and the blue z card.

I'm not gonna lie. I did cry like a little girl when I opened it and read the letter.

Back