700c rear wheel for commuting/light touring duties

GasPipeWarrior

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking for a rear wheel for commuting/light road touring duties.

700c with a suitable robust clincher rim for 28mm and larger tyres, 130mm OLN (135mm at a push) cassette only. Nice smooth hubs please. :cool:

Aesthetics aren't an issue so no problem if silver, anodised or any colour under the sun. Happy to replace any worn/broken spokes and apply elbow grease. :D

WHY

I have got a clincher rear wheel with a few spokes replaced and runs fairly smoothly with a little bit of movement but it is a good wheel.

d.poulter97":35jzozuh said:
I have got a clincher rear wheel with a few spokes replaced and runs fairly smoothly with a little bit of movement but it is a good wheel.

Any chance you could PM me a few photos of the wheel - showing the state of the rim?

Any idea what the hub and rim are?

I've got an excellent Open Pro CD on Campagnolo record or Chorus hub, takes 9/10 and I think 11 speed.
£49 posted

tonyf39":18lgxtcc said:
I've got an excellent Open Pro CD on Campagnolo record or Chorus hub, takes 9/10 and I think 11 speed.
£49 posted

Apologies for not replying sooner Tony - have been away and only now catching up with things.

Not sure the Open Pro CD is for me as I'm a bit of a hefty lump, and with a pannier or two added to the rear rack may lead to me knackering the rim sooner rather than later. :oops:

GasPipeWarrior":3kasuu5q said:
tonyf39":3kasuu5q said:
£49 posted

Apologies for not replying sooner Tony - have been away and only now catching up with things.

Not sure the Open Pro CD is for me as I'm a bit of a hefty lump, and with a pannier or two added to the rear rack may lead to me knackering the rim sooner rather than later. :oops:
lol, I'm 105kg/16.5stone and use an open pro 32 hole/ultegra 9 speed on my commuter/shopping bike. Had 25 kg in bags no problem at all.
Anyway no sweat.

Back