Marin Team Titanium 1999

I have a MTB pro with a test of the original ultimate and the build on that is nowhere near your with the exception of the cranks, I'll try to scan it for you later

I bought a Ultimate Titanium about 1994. Brought it off Dan Rodriguez who was the sponsored rider for SShokwave in Nottingham. It was specced with xtr, Middleburns, USE ti seatpin, Pace renthal bars, Syncros seatpin, Royce ti bottom bracket. Lovely bike, think i might have some pics somewhere.

photo-63.jpg

Anyone local will know where this is.
Used the ride to test the only change made to the bike, which is the switch from Titanium to Carbon bars, and it's actually a really nice addition. I'm impressed that I can notice the difference, and as the new bars are a little wider, there is an element of greater control too. Not to mention how pretty they look as you spot the carbon forks and seat post!
A great ride, and my first off road ride this year due to health restrictions. Here's to many more miles on her saddle.

Benandemu":27psobwd said:
Anyone local will know where this is.
Pigeon tower at Rivington, top of the Georges lane descent aka the leg-breaker :LOL:
Bike is looking great as usual fella! I have an ongoing internal debate about swapping the 23" wide Ti bars fitted to my Vitamin T with some 24.5" wide risers - I know it would make sense but I just love the look of the ti flat bars too much.

How is that this 1999 Marin build is aloud in the strick pre 97 forum section whereas others who have tried this have either received very negative comments or have been moved. To me its not a problem at all, but if you can put your 99 build on here, why can't we put our 98 builds on here as well. :shock:

shaun":1a8d40h0 said:
How is that this 1999 Marin build is aloud in the strick pre 97 forum section whereas others who have tried this have either received very negative comments or have been moved. To me its not a problem at all, but if you can put your 99 build on here, why can't we put our 98 builds on here as well. :shock:

because the thread is 4 years old?

Mods: you'll need to move me please!

Been a good while since I've updated this thread, so here is a little addition from today's tasks.
I started feeling guilty about trashing the Amber wall Continental Cross Country folding tyres, so sourced some Continental Explorers to take up the task. Also, I switched the rear mech for a long cage 9 speed version as the older one was a shorter caged 8 speed.
Finally, had Gil_m draw me up some decals using the correct fonts and sizes, only my version is hollow centred rather than block filled White; a nice alternative that works better on this bike.
Enjoy...

n4ecl2.jpg

s6qblu.jpg

2edoxfb.jpg

2agjehh.jpg

214v1wm.jpg

1g411y.jpg

Back