XTR seat posts - available in 27.2?

mr_skinny

Orange 🍊 Fan
I'm currently collecting bits n bobs towards my Vit T2 build and I would really like an M900(ish) seat post. Are they available in 27.2 and silver?

I've seen a silver 27.0 and black 26.8 on fleaBay....for mega bucks!

27.2 is a pretty common size for seat post isn't it?!

Cheers

Yep, a pretty common size. Got a silver one tucked away, but its not just the sizes you've mentioned that go for mega bucks, most xtr seat posts in good condition do.

Cheers fella....I'll continue my search!

It's currently the only retro build I'll ever do so I don't mind paying the 'little extra' for the XTR post

However, I'll no doubt get bitten by the retro bug and want to build more! :D

The only one you'll ever do? I hope you can stick to that. I only joined here for help with the only retro build I thought I'd do, my GT RTS Team, and that went well :oops:

There's a few on the flea bay right now.

Edit: missed the 'silver' requirement. There's a black one for 70 USD right now. Don't see silver.

Paid good money for the 27.2 XTR post on my 'flex. One of the nicest seatposts out there, the clamp arrangement has a very high quality finish to it.

Aye, the 27 and the 26.6 are there on fleaBay but both the wrong size for my frame and too much wonga!

I'll keep searching, no rush...not allowed the frame until December anyway....it's my 40th birthday prezzie! Just didn't want to waste my time looking for something that didn't exist. ;)

What's a realistic price for an XTR post? I know it won't be cheap, but the seller that has the silver 27mm on fleaBay looks to be taking cash, scalp and eyes out. He's usually got a full XTR group set for 3K - bargain?! :LOL:

A tip for you when searching,

M900 = black
M910 = silver

27.2mm is the most desirable size, expect to pay £50 - £100 for very good - NOS ones.

I've just pulled the trigger on this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290896441920? ... 1439.l2649

I've pondered too long on other bike things before and lost out so the trigger finger was quite itchy this time!

Just the rest of the M900 compenents to get now :D

Except for possibly pedals - I've got some M747 SPDs - bought them from new when my race back was kitted in XT, am I right in thinking that around the mid-nineties there wasn't a group set specific pedal? I know M7## usually denotes XT but I don't remember there being XTR SPDs around that time? :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back