this hurts to watch!!

boxxer":3nzhvnl4 said:
Happens quite often due to mechanical fuel pumps and electric ignitions... Electrics short and pumps keep dumping fuel into the engine and it ignites on the exhaust and boom no more lambo....

Or the six twin choke Webber carbs burp when driving in stop start or slow traffic and spit fuel over the engine, those wheels are Magnesium too hence why they went up like a firework and melted the bodywork, damned shame.

Amazingly there is strong belief on car forums that the car will be restored.

jimihendrix":gqqum0hp said:
Amazingly there is strong belief on car forums that the car will be restored.

I'm not amazed about that. There are restoration companies that specialize in what most would consider "lost causes", and manufacturers will sometimes go the extra mile as well. Burnt-down cars, cars that are split in half (Rowan Atkinson's F1 for instance is already on the road again), it all can be fixed if necessary.

As long as the chassis and engine block aren't warped as a result of the heat, the car will probably be rebuilt. Cars as rare and expensive as this one aren't scrapped until there is absolutely no more way to restore them. If the owner gives up on the car and gets something else, there will be someone who buys the wreck and starts rebuilding it even if the cost will be higher than the price of getting another one. Fans of exclusive cars (and bikes) will do such foolish things, as most here can testify.

Pretty sure that somewhere in the next 10 years that Miura will be on the road again.

Restoring it, even if that involves replacing every last thing, results in an 'authentic' 'original' example in fully restored condition. £££££££

Lambo doesn't look to bad to me, it's not completely toasted, I think it will probably be restored if possible.

Back