And today I did......

Today (and a bit of last night) I've spent a shed load on new bike bits! New forks, headset, wheels, tyres, seatpost, rear mech, shifter, chain, all at bargainiferous prices :D . Still to pick up a cassette and figure out what I'm going to do chainset wise then I should have everything I need.

kaiser":7qex7gdi said:
Today (and a bit of last night) I've spent a shed load on new bike bits! New forks, headset, wheels, tyres, seatpost, rear mech, shifter, chain, all at bargainiferous prices :D . Still to pick up a cassette and figure out what I'm going to do chainset wise then I should have everything I need.

One wonders if you actually have any money left to buy food :shock: Everything with you is bike.

Shimano Zee* from bike discount.de they have SLX and Deore too if your looking for something a bit cheaper. Try Rose bikes and actionsports.de as well.

Picked up a dropper post from Wiggle last night for a bit over £162 :D I realise this is madness to some but its a stonking deal if you're looking for a dropper.

* I read this http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Shimano-Ze ... -2013.html and decided to use the same set up.

As I understand it, Zee is like their cheap DH / FR level componentry, Saint is their expensive DH / FR level. So it should be tougher than the standard XC components. For me:

Zee = SLX equivalent.
Saint = XT equivalent.

Got a Zee 10sp rear mech for the Mary, although not fitted it yet. Funky clutch mech to stop chain slap and short cage, so ideal for single ring, plus cheap.

zigzag":28tyixwc said:
As I understand it, Zee is like their cheap DH / FR level componentry, Saint is their expensive DH / FR level. So it should be tougher than the standard XC components. For me:

Zee = SLX equivalent.
Saint = XT equivalent.

Got a Zee 10sp rear mech for the Mary, although not fitted it yet. Funky clutch mech to stop chain slap and short cage, so ideal for single ring, plus cheap.

Nail head hut! :)

Back