Do I want a Pace ?

YES - square = cool / you have to be cool at one point in your cycle ownership and you want to be cool dont ya.

RC100 was my fave when I had it, RC200 in anno red was bloody lovely but I couldnt do it justice and finally the RC300 is just worthy of rigid and stealth, sadly all now gone but would certainly own one again given the chaince.

And may I add........ first ever BOTY went to a pace ;)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/boty/retrobi ... ce-rc-100/

RBG

Im with Kestonian on this one, one of each and a couple spare incase the worst happens.

dbmtb":1qnno9si said:
I've got all the parts to build a very nice RC200 F1 but trying very hard to resist the temptation to buy a frame....
Agree. The blessing and temptation of owning Orange means there's always enough kit on hand to outfit a pace instead :cool:

I did want to, took the plunge and bought one a couple of years ago, and to this day it hangs from the roof beam in the garage as a frame only.

I have great ambition to not do a 'what everyone else did' pace build though and now reckon I have what I need and then some should it not all work out.

Just need to find the time to throw it all together, which I had done once in a more tradition guise, but turquoise ringle and king just didn't seem as good in reality on the frame as my head thought they would.

One day though, it will be built and ridden.

Sounds a nice option to have ishaw and tbh may be how I go IF I can find one. My idea would be to use the RC31's I have to make it a Pace rigid but parts wise I just don't know yet. I have a collection of favorite things - Syncros stem / seatpost, SD7 mag levers, Rolls saddle, XTR + Mavic 717 wheels, White Industries cranks etc which IMHO are the parts I like the most (and sensibly priced) for each type and this is why I want an RC200 as to me its the epitome of the retro frames and has a cool factor above most others - this and the mad paint Dynatechs - so I can make it my personal homage to retro and a total opposite almost of my homage to modern in the shape of my Scalpel.

Back on topic what should I be expecting to pay for a good one ?

Average on evil bay in the last few months is £300 +/- £30 frame only.

Some of those have come from frame strippers though. The small one I keep mentioning went for £252 including posting but it did have a dent and some chain suck.

I'm no expert on price, as I bought a full bike for a reasonable price.

Frame wise I reckon £300 up depending on condition.

My build plans are a bit off the norm, though nothing crazy:

Suntour xc-pro mechs, with either xc-pro thumbies or the multi-mount thumbies.
Bb will also be the xc-pro super lite grease guard version, cables all xc-pro

Cranks are going to be black carambas as I reckon they will suit the frame nicely.

I was planning a syncros post, stem and bar combo, then there is the fork dilemma. As I was planning on keeping to cantis (onzas in black), I'm not sure whether to go with chromed RC30s (not perfect, but not bad), some minty RC35s of which I have a choice, standard, AB with the CNC arch or the mxc versions.

Next dilemma, headset. Thread less (king in black), or threaded (xc-pro or king, both in black).

Time, oh for some time.

Do the experienced pace owners watching agree that they tend to ride big for their size? That's something I have often heard said?

Not heard that myself, I'm 6ft and ride a 19", but used to ride an 18" Trek and 18" Kona, but post on Kona was upto the limit :)

Guess you could say they feel big, how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

Back