1989 Muddyfox Courier Comp - U Brake Version!

Re: 1989 Muddyfox Courier Comp

Forgot to post these pictures up, but it's now complete with full Mountain LX and luckily enough Araya Rims just like the original:

Going to be my road bike and maybe a bit of light off road commuting which I will start next week.

IMG_20130324_165511_385_zpsdfcd0e30.jpg

IMG_20130324_165521_528_zps07dd3718.jpg

IMG_20130324_165528_558_zpsc7b2d20e.jpg

Frame: Tange MTB Butted Cro-mo

Fork: Tange Cro-mo

Headset: Tange Muddyfox Branded
Stem: Muddyfox Roller
Handlebar: Muddyfox Steel
Grips: Muddyfox
Barends: None at present

Brakes: Mountain LX Canti Front and U Brake Rear
Brake Pads: Shimano
Brake Cables: Jagwire
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Mountain LX

Shifters: Mountain LX
Front Derailleur: Mountain LX
Rear Derailleur: Mountain LX
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: Mountain LX 13-30
Chain: Sedis
Cranks: Mountain LX
Chainrings: Mountain LX 26-36-46 Biopace HP
Bottom Bracket: UN24 Sealed
Pedals: Wellgo

Hub Skewers: Mountain LX
Rims: Araya
Hubs: Mountain LX
Spokes: Stainless
Tyres: Maxxis Ignitor 2.1

Saddle: Viscount Muddyfox
Seatpost: Kalloy
Seatpost Binder: Muddyfox

Weight: 30lbs ish

Carl.

I've got one of these but don't know what to do with it as it has been resprayesd a metallic blue which looks wrong. Any idea what colours they came in? Love your one by the way!

SIMONFREESE":yn7zr1p4 said:
I've got one of these but don't know what to do with it as it has been resprayesd a metallic blue which looks wrong. Any idea what colours they came in? Love your one by the way!

In '89 only this red/black crackle finish, the 'Courier' was a grey/white crackle and is easily recognisable by the conventional seat stays where the comp has wishbone.

Carl.

Exactly the same as my old mans from years ago. You just need the riveted saddle and it would be even more perfect.

Some fwit nicked it ours out the shed and that was that.

I'd quite like to get him another one, one day, but I think it's too stretched out to be comfortable for him now

Thanks for the colour advice Carl, I am really not sure what to do as I very much doubt my chances of getting that sort of paint finish. A burgandy powder coat might look ok? I will organise a photo and send it over FYI...Thanks for sharing this project in its different guises, it is interesting to see how the bike has chnged in your ownership

Dragged out of storage today and put the Griptrax Tyres on for a photoshoot, thinking that I may want to give this a whirl up at Swinley forest while it's dry.

Carl.

Back