New Shoes...recommendations?

Thanks for all your advice chaps.
Went to my LBS today and had a look. Limited to Specialized and Shimano.
Took the majority vote and bought myself a nice new set of Specialized BG shoes.
WOW...what a difference over my knackered old Shimano boots. Feels like I have an extra few psi in the tyres. Obviously better power to the pedals and comfy already.
Great buy....thanks again!
Carl

shoes

I have tried a lot of different brands over the years and about 2 1/2 years ago I got a pair of Sidis and they are the most comfortable riding shoes I have ever worn. They are expensive, but they come in 3 widths-narrow,medium and Mega (wide) and have optional screw in toe spikes, which I find very helpful on steep uphill pushing. They also have a ratcheting strap which never comes loose until you release it. My next pair of Sidi's is going to be their winter MTB boot.

I have some Specialized road shoes with a ratchet, and love them. So comfy, and fit well. Just watch the sizing though, usually a 44, but these are a 43.

I have diadora mtb, again with ratchet (I like to be able to squeeze my feet to within an inch of their lives :)), but they are just OK. Not bad, but not so comfy. I have narrowish feet, and the forward two velcro straps only just do up too. Bit odd.

Buying again would be Speccy, or try some Sidis if I feel flush.

Shimano are OK, but don't fit me best, and then theres the principle thing too.....

another vote for Specialized here. Not sure which ones they are (red/black, velcro straps) but bought them 5 years ago and have given them tons of abuse and are only now just starting to come apart. I'd get them again.

I am a Sidi man .

very comfy and pretty strong considering I bought mine from ed edwards , so they had a fair bit of use .

Another Specialized endorsement.

My Shimano winterboots never felt comfortable, I much preferred my Spesh summer shoes though they were getting on a bit. So last summer I treated myself to the Spesh Trail shoe, that's the model with the 3/4 high ankle protection. I paid full retail and haven't regretted it for one minute, just perfect. And they are holding up well too.

Enjoy!!

Back