Popped my cherry but whats the story with this Orange

here's my 93 clockwork that i had refinished by bob jackson recently

Attachments

• DSCF9348 (1024x768) (Medium).jpg
    DSCF9348 (1024x768) (Medium).jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 184
chris-hodge":2pm4r7ke said:
Where did you get your graphics from and would you mind telling me what the cost was

ta
Bob jackson supplied graphics
Frame had complete refinish as seen above for £154

chris-hodge":16kv8raz said:
certainly helps inspire
that looks very nice

making me wonder if I should stick to the black

is the finish powdercoat or paint, if that makes sense and where did you get your graphics from
It's the original finish as far as I'm aware and its painted I believe - satin black (not a glossy finish, but not dull either). Decals are mostly originals. I bought some replacements from gil_m on here and they were so good that I simply replaced a few letters as needed rather than the whole lot.

ishaw":372ekxog said:
chris-hodge":372ekxog said:
certainly helps inspire
that looks very nice

making me wonder if I should stick to the black

is the finish powdercoat or paint, if that makes sense and where did you get your graphics from
It's the original finish as far as I'm aware and its painted I believe - satin black (not a glossy finish, but not dull either). Decals are mostly originals. I bought some replacements from gil_m on here and they were so good that I simply replaced a few letters as needed rather than the whole lot.

I paid £40 for my Powder Coat (Included frame prep, blasting etc), its actually called 'Satin Black' and looks great, Decals again from gil_m who has done decals for all my Oranges :D Tange Infinity Decal from ebay, you dont need to spend a fortune to get great results ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4201.jpg
    IMG_4201.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Clockwork 009.jpg
    Clockwork 009.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 88
My clockwork as far is I recall (not seen it for a while, buried in the shed after our house move last year), not tange infinity. I didn't realise that some were, though I will confess I'm not an orange historian, but think I'd like one in my size one day.

ishaw":1emdql1q said:
My clockwork as far is I recall (not seen it for a while, buried in the shed after our house move last year), not tange infinity. I didn't realise that some were, though I will confess I'm not an orange historian, but think I'd like one in my size one day.

They are awesome bikes :) just been looking through the clockwork threads and found out that in 1994 Clockworks had Series 7 tubing and 31.8 seat tubes, it looks like it was the start of the changover to the very underated and often oferlooked C16R (Which i also own and love)

:D

Back