Saracen Trekker UU

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Recently won this on the bay after it was outed here.

Just got her home tonight, so here are the first pictures.

Apologies in advance for the state of the garage!

Attachments

• sar saddle.jpg
    sar saddle.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 680
  • u brake.jpg
    u brake.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 680
  • sar pedal.jpg
    sar pedal.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 680
  • rear mech.jpg
    rear mech.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 680
  • sar1.jpg
    sar1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 680
  • sar garage.jpg
    sar garage.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 680
Needs a good degrease, and clean to start with.

Bit of a mix of parts, XT U brakes, deore drive/mechs, DX pedals.

I chatted to the original owner (seller), had it from new from a shop in Holloway.

He didn't think that he had made any changes, so not sure about the spec.

Paints not good, but lets see after a good clean. Triple butted sticker on there, i thought these were double butted but there you go

Worst thing is the seat post is stuck. On the one hand its set at about the right hight for me, but will have to see what to do about that.

Wheels are nice and true and should clean up, as will the rest of the kit I think

A clean and it will come up great.

Plusgas the seattube before attempting to move seat post but will come out easy enough I'm sure.

Looking forward to updates.

yep, i have had a good look on all the other trekker build threads and have to say you lot have set the bar high. i hope i'm up to the task and can be admitted to the club :cool:

i love this bike already, its got real charisma

I can get more decals if you want, but mine are not quite original, the original were screenprinted and apparantly thats not easy to reproduce like that, so we took some artistic license and made the colour section bold yellow rather than the fade effect that you have there. I think, unless the paint work comes up like new, adding new decals doesnt look right, I only just get away with it on mine, and some pattina inc. scratched old decals is fine.

I didnt get the whole bike, I didnt have shifters so I made a choice early on to make it seven speed, but other than I kept it original. They are great bikes, and this is makign me want to take mine out, but its needs to be dry out for 6 months before mine is going off road! My XT version is used around town and has skinny tyres on, I even used it for my first triathlon and it was superb!

Back