Orange Clockwork forks

chris-hodge

Dirt Disciple
I need some rigid forks for my 1993 Clockwork Orange

preferably traditional blade forks but will consider anything Orange in manufacture
condition and colour not a concern as the frame needs work and a repaint

thanks very much

I'm not 100% sure, and all that but, the forks on the clockwork were nothing special in '93.

i needed some too and found these basic steel ones to be just right, similar rake and overall style to catalogue spec. anything tange/spinner should be ok. Good if they have eyelets on dropouts too. orange powdercoat on these...

good luck.

uh oh

that's 1 all between black and the orange/white scheme

the forks are GT curved blades with the eyelets so they look the same as yours, which is why I wondered if it's worth the bother tracking down some genuine Orange ones

mmmmm what to do

Use what you have, get your build up and running ;) some builds warrant the whole 'must have original' thing but, these clockwork ones were cro-moly or suchlike (nothing special).

I just realised I have confused myself across two posts I have running at the same time

thanks for the tip

given that clockworks are low in value it doesn't seem to make too much sense to shell out loads of loo laa on some forks
I believe the F7's were available in 93, not sure what the benefit would be though

ta

chris-hodge":37wfgsql said:
I believe the F7's were available in 93, not sure what the benefit would be

Not much mate, F7's look better on the P7's. Anything unicrown, steel, not segmented like F7's will be fine, cheap, look right, plenty out there.

Are you sticking with threaded and, what steerer length do you need?

well I only need some orange forks if I am going authentic as the clockwork I have just acquired has got the right looking curved blades on it but they are GT

so if I am not going to worry about the authenticity then I'm already set I guess!

check the picture you'll see what I mean

Attachments

• IMG096.jpg
    IMG096.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 307
spot on!

Orange and white fade( i insist) ;) and, you've got yourself a rippin' bike. Marin have a similar thing going for similar era bikes. spinner forks of various grades of steel with marin stickers on. remove the decals and they could have been attached to any bike, sort of thing.

same with yours, remove that GT decal and it's anonymous all the way. The GT 3D forks have a flat spot with GT stamped in though.

cheers.

I've got some F7s, like these:

P1060550.jpg

(someone else's photo of their forks - sorry, they're at home so I can't photo the actual forks just now).

1" steerer, in dark green, from a C-16R (the other name for the Clockwork for a couple of years).

Let me know if you're interested...

I've got a black pair of Clockwork forks from around 95. The steerer looks about right but PM me if interested and I'll send some pics. £20 plus postage from France.

Back