1998 World Force VR-1 American Cycles Frame - SOLD

Rik Van Looy

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Original American Cycles World Force VR-1 Frame from 1997 or 1998 as far as I can remember.
I bought this one from Ben Cox (Muddy Fox) quite a while back - he got it for about £1300 IIRC (frame+ Fox? shock)
The seat tube measures 17" and the TT is 22"
Rear suspension travel is 6"
Although it's pretty old and heavy this is a seriously well designed bike that takes anything you throw at it
AC%20WorldForce.JPG

When there's some daylight tomorrow I'll take some better pictures.
The BB and front mech will be removed - It's too dark at the mo. to find my tools!
Price Drop to £150 including postage - willing to consider offers.
Any other questions, feel free to ask

Re: 1998 World Force VR-1 American Cycles Frame (Pre-Azonic)

Really love this.

Out of curiosity do you know why it has a non-drive side brace between chain and seat stays? Its like its for a disc tab but there isn't one?

I would love this but £175.00 is a tad high for me anyway , PM sent though

coomber":1ux9kbff said:
Really love this.

Out of curiosity do you know why it has a non-drive side brace between chain and seat stays? Its like its for a disc tab but there isn't one?

Cheers Coomber,
I'm not sure what this is about either - later versions of this bike did not have the brace, but if it was just to strengthen the triangle you'd expect to see one on the other side. I always ran Magura HS33's on this frame, but I guess that back in the day when disc adaptors like the Hope C2 were more common perhaps a bit of strength may have come in useful....
IMG_0300-1.jpg

Yeah that was my thinking.

Thats a nice build above.

Anyway, good luck with the sale, my cupboard is bare else i'd make an offer.

Back