The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went round effortlessly on a gorgeous single speed jones with a mad4inch? Front tyre. Single speed!!!! I wasn't the best company as its hard to talk with crash paddles going off on your chest.

The History Man":1bpuzqrj said:
its hard to talk with crash paddles going off on your chest.

Really makes you feel alive doesn't it?

Kt and I rode the Verderers last on an icy February morning, we were just delighting in the fact that we had finished climbing (at last) when we discovered the next climb that we had both forgotten about.

I can't wait to tackle those climbs on a three speed, 30lb butchers bike :facepalm:

NeilM":1mdys1gr said:
The History Man":1mdys1gr said:
its hard to talk with crash paddles going off on your chest.

Really makes you feel alive doesn't it?

Kt and I rode the Verderers last on an icy February morning, we were just delighting in the fact that we had finished climbing (at last) when we discovered the next climb that we had both forgotten about.

I can't wait to tackle those climbs on a three speed, 30lb butchers bike :facepalm:

Wasn't just the climbs, I've been riding bridle ways, paths and roads where you could develop a rhythm. This was a completely different discipline with so much to think about other than just tapping it out. (Like not falling off!) Made it much tougher going but glad of the experienced guide.

Bought mine today.

Raleigh Maverick.

Cantilevers, v brakes, disc brakes or for that matter any brakes that work are for pussies. So are any more than 5 gears.

:cool:

Attachments

• $T2eC16RHJGkE9no8hmrhBRZTSFdo5g~~60_35.JPG
    $T2eC16RHJGkE9no8hmrhBRZTSFdo5g~~60_35.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 749
I shall be making sure my lovely discs will slow my wobbly progress! :shock:

Now I need to find a winch :LOL:

nevadasmith":2tjnuc6n said:
£25 on the nose. Bit buggered if it needs anything :LOL:

There's two very buggered kenda tyres in my wheelie bin if you want them!
Beer and cake = 2 x vertical pro 2.3s courtesy of theredchilli. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back