The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

I'm looking at replacement shocks for my STS - I've found a brand new Romic shock which I THINK might work, provided I can use the RockShox Trunnion on it.

I don't suppose anyone knows whether the Super Deluxe uses the same thread pitch on the shock body as a Romic, do they?

Here it is, anyway:

Attachments

• p4pb7515090.jpg
    p4pb7515090.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 460
On another note - were the rear ends of the STS slightly wider than 135mm?

I've tried my rear wheel in my frame, and there's a couple of mm gap each side of the axle?

Either the frame is a couple of mm wide, or the wheel has a 130mm axle which I'd find very strange as it's a Pro 3 disc hub which came straight off another mountain bike, and mtbs don't tend to run 130 rear ends..

I don't have the hub to measure it as I'm in work.

If it's a case where my STS rear end is slightly wider than 135mm, would it harm it to clamp it up - I ask this because it means that the frame would 'bend' in slightly each side when the QR is clamped shut...

Going to be selling my GT STS lobo frame very soon - what do you guys think is going rate for the frame only - no cracks, carbon is a little worn on the down tube, but no cracks or anything. - I applied new decals to it, so they are very fresh. - all bushes are fine and shock is also fine.

Only reason for the selling i need the money to buy a new frame.

TimHildreth":ncsv15ol said:
Going to be selling my GT STS lobo frame very soon - what do you guys think is going rate for the frame only - no cracks, carbon is a little worn on the down tube, but no cracks or anything. - I applied new decals to it, so they are very fresh. - all bushes are fine and shock is also fine.

Only reason for the selling i need the money to buy a new frame.

I'm very interested.

I've got a VVGC user manual for the Deluxe/Super Deluxe rear shock for the LTS/STS - The only problem is, I don't have access to a scanner :(

I'll try to take some good photos of it tonight and I'll get them posted up :)

Hello, dear retro friends!

I chose to write in this thread, since I think it's logical to do as such.

I've been recently offered a trade for a VGC Fox Floar 100 fork that I have. The guy basically said he can give me the Mr. T fork I was interested in anyway plus "Uhm, I have some kind of frame, I think it's somenting like 'GT STS' written on it". My knees went soft immediately, as an STS is something I lusted intensely after when I was a kid. He sent me the following pictures and I don't know quite what to belive... Here they are:

10042013047.JPG

10042013048.JPG

10042013049.JPG

10042013050.JPG

10042013052.JPG

10042013054.JPG

10042013055.JPG

17042013062.JPG

There are a few more pictures in my Picasa album over here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1095930395 ... ForWebUse#

He said the frame was cracked in its one of its aluminum segments. I don't know what to do and I am wondering if this frame is worth anything else than being framed (sic) and put up a wall.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Mx

Back