Rock Shox Deluxe servicing?

I've just found a working link to the Barnett's Manual.

I haven't had chance to read it yet, but section 38 is for forks and rear shocks, so guess where I'm headed ;)

http://www.esense.be/bike/Barnettmanual.pdf

Page 674 (38-64) is where you need to head for servicing information on the Super Deluxe

Page 670 (38-60) is where you need to head for servicing information on the Coupe Deluxe / Deluxe shock

Hope this helps - thanks fluffychicken for pointing me in the right direction :D

Ooo nice, i have a deluxe on the back of my 99 FSR and was wondering if it needed a bit of work or not.

S-M":3cu3prm4 said:
Ooo nice, i have a deluxe on the back of my 99 FSR and was wondering if it needed a bit of work or not.

Good luck!

If the seals etc. are all ok, then it should be a case of a fairly simple oil change. If you need any replacement parts, however, that's an entirely different matter!

I'm going to give it a bash on one of my spare Super Deluxes... I've already booked my Grandad's workshop ;)

I dont think it has lost air or anything, it still rebounds!

I have a 99 Fox Vanilla coil that no longer rebounds, and an XFusion Glyde that the rebound adjuster stopped working, so i stripped in the mancave without any proper tools (and fired the needle at a million MPH into the garage wall!)

Safety first! :D

Really need to find one of these nitrogen needle adapters though, they seam seriously expensive for a needle though :/

The Xfusion one turned out to be water ingress on the actual needle making it rust/stick on the shaft, so turning the adjuster never did anything.

Dont wash your bikes by dunking them in a river after a dirty ride :D

Thank you so much,I have a deluxe on my 99 Trek VRX and have never been able to find out how to set the oil level!
Pass me the mole wrenches lol :)
Mark

That's the one :)

Any retrobiker should have the full version of that and Sutherland on their computer/tablet/phone ..

FluffyChicken":2hp8bkis said:
That's the one :)

Any retrobiker should have the full version of that and Sutherland on their computer/tablet/phone ..

I'll definitely have a copy close-by whilst I own the STS, that's for sure!

Now, where's my hammer....

Sadly mine is too far gone, but I can attest the instructions are 100% spot on for the Deluxe at the very least. Unfortunately mine is massively scored inside :(

Back