1993 Trek 8300 Composite

just got these to replace the grip shifters :D

p1010010im.jpg

this will have to tide you over ;) also, i'm not going to do anything crazy with this build despite some of my earlier ideas. i will probably even keep the triple ring on there which is unusual for my builds. Just want to keep all the suntour stuff together

eqp1.jpg

*finally*.. after being put on the back burner over and over, I got this thing built up! Exactly 24 lbs as pictured

I took it for a spin off road and it performed really well. I put on some nice folding tires with knobbies I had laying around and I didnt notice any significant difference between that and a steel bike. The suntour drivetrain i could live without though.. Shimano Hyperglide definitely kicks the pants out of accushift. I'm considering putting a centerion pulley wheel from a shimano RD on the Suntour RD so that it's not as finicky. Plus once in a while I would get unexpected shifts.. hopefully the cassette isn't worn out cause it's not easy to find replacements

wfwd.jpg

7mez.jpg

eokz.jpg

ofd7.jpg

Centeron pulley won't fit, I tried that but the bolt is bigger. I added a washer that was about 1mm thick the same diameter as the pulley bush to give the float on mine, but on the other bike the biggest difference was not using suntour hubs as I swapped for xt and a hyperglide cassette which gives a much cleaner shift.

Carl

did you still use the Suntour RD and shifters? The suntour shifters don't have a true friction mode.. they have a switch but there is still a bit of a click on the accushift locations

the rear hub is nice it's a shame it's not compatible with anything

Back