Chrome touch up ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24574

I have a chrome item where some of the chrome is scrapped off ...

Is there any "paint" that can be used to touch up damaged chrome?

perhaps paint the damaged area and then polish it back to hide the scrape?

I'd be happy with something that passed the "3ft test"

It kind of depends on the size of the scrape but I've seen thin kitchen foil super glued on top and you wouldn't know from a distance. You can buy 'chrome' paints, but I've never seen one that looks very chrome like. Also you can get chrome self adhesive vinyl which might do the trick.

I have used chrome fablon, the trick seems to be to heat it with a hairdryer and stretch it as you apply it. I've used it on car chrome, it's been on for a year, through car washes etc and not peeled at all.
Just doing the same on my forks where the chrome has lifted

photoman125":7awzlkay said:
I have used chrome fablon, the trick seems to be to heat it with a hairdryer and stretch it as you apply it. I've used it on car chrome, it's been on for a year, through car washes etc and not peeled at all.
Just doing the same on my forks where the chrome has lifted

Do you have a link to this product.

I would be very interested in pics of a finished product when there are available.

Richard

I've just got to spray the top of my forks then I'll be using the film on the chrome so will put pics up. The bike is the one I'm using for my charity ride so has to be rebuilt without costing anything :)

TGR":34o8g4fw said:
I would be very interested in pics of a finished product when there are available.Richard
Don't get any idea's of chroming half a bike in this stuff! It marks easily but good for little cover ups.

Latest posts

Back