Gosh, that was a sweaty time

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
...just stripped a pair of stubborn Judy forks, everything's now soaking nicely in a bucket of detergent and water......phew! Brute force is always the answer!

how much skin have you lost?......i always loose skin tinkering with bikes, usually in direct proportion to the level of satisfaction in finishing, and the amount of time between that that you think it is and the time it actually is......rambling now.....sorry!.....

It was amass of solid gunk..... any ideas how I can clean out the tubes? I've tried hot water and washing up liquid to limited result.

Gun Barrel cleaning thingy, you put a piece of cloth through it, like an old school recorder cleaner or tie a piece of rag to some bamboo cane and do it with that and degreasant.

BertR00t":2ghb8a48 said:
Gun Barrel cleaning thingy, you put a piece of cloth through it, like an old school recorder cleaner or tie a piece of rag to some bamboo cane and do it with that and degreasant.

Excellent, can you recommend a good degreasant please?

Last one I bought was Finish Line but I believe they have changed the formula and it is pap now so can't help with that.

BertR00t":jmqt994q said:
Last one I bought was Finish Line but I believe they have changed the formula and it is pap now so can't help with that.

Ah nee bother, I'll ask about, ta though.

And don't get me started on the fight (that I lost I might add!) with trying to get some Oury grips off an older pair of bars..... I think it's down to getting older!!

gunk, best engine degreaser this side of safteycleen.
buy this, decant it into one of those squirty bottles people like to spray plants with.
wet bike/parts with water
spray gunk on and work with a brush
rinse and hey presto
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gunk-733-En...qid=1365670669&sr=8-2&keywords=gunk+degreaser
just bear in mind it does exactly that, so if you want grease in the part you will need to regrease (jockey wheels etc)as it will strip it out

Back