BoTM April 2013 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
and another nomination!!!!

Tigern's 1993 Klein Adroit Mardi Gras (partly DIY)

I know the paint on the fork and steerer is from 2012/2013, hope that's allowed ;)

buildthread here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=242292

Attachments

• _MG_7708.jpg
    _MG_7708.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 619
  • _MG_7718.jpg
    _MG_7718.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 619
tigern":3o83exbg said:
and another nomination!!!!

Tigern's 1993 Klein Adroit Mardi Gras (partly DIY)
Pull the pin....boom. Wow Nice bike.
I am a Klein fan but only have a Rascal and Pinnacle. That has just added a bike back on my wish list.

tigern":2mwudllt said:
I know the paint on the fork and steerer is from 2012/2013, hope that's allowed ;)

Prepare to be chased out of town by the thumbsuckers, pedants, and blokes in old (read, retro) cotton sheets (read, flouro lycra), chanting "Retro... Retro... Retro... ", whilst burning effigies of Treks and Specialized at the alter of pre 97 originality :LOL:

G

YES!! Mardi Gras Adroit! That's the bike I was hoping was going to turn up in the Yeti/Klein/Fat special month. Thanks for posting. It's going to take alot to beat that for me this month. If I ever get my Klein repainted I think Mardi Gras is the front runner for the colour scheme - I'm struggling to think of a more ridiculous (in a good way) paint job.

While I'm here, for what it's worth I'll wade into the c-26 debate. I'd say that if the materials used were from back in the day then for me it's most certainly a pre-97 bike. I LOVE the Breezer tribute - difficult to say whether it belongs pre-97 though. I'd argue that a retro frame with modern parts could still be considered old school so why not a modern frame with retro parts?

Either way - I'm not bothered - it's just good to see it here and thanks for posting such a great project.

So much C-26 talk, might as well have one in the competition this month.

Yeti C-26. Not a 'tribute' bike.

Build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=241334
Full photo shoot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rumpfy/set ... 619418522/

Model shot...
8520876459_f883863505_h.jpg

But it ain't no wall hanger.
8612887222_9c906ed995_o.jpg

rumpfy":39cep5al said:
So much C-26 talk, might as well have one in the competition this month

LOL,..............like you going to put that in the comp wasnt Obvious............PMSL. well the bait worked, well done, NOW its a competition.

:cool:

Rick Draper":2erki87v said:
The same with C26's, ...to me the others are like the MR2 Ferrari replicas mentioned above.

I see the Herting built C26's more like taking a Ferrari 308 and making a Ferrari GTO replica. The Toyota comparison woult be more fitting to a non-Yeti bike with carbon decals to make it look like a C26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back