Dawes One Track - the Edge pretender Updated pics

Re: Dawes One Track - the Edge pretender

So the first stage is complete:

onetrack007_zps53690264.jpg

onetrack006_zps0a7141d3.jpg

onetrack008_zps2b883464.jpg

I am surprised how much better it is to ride, I must have shaved a bit of weight off with the new stem and bars, but did not expect much of an improvement. In reality, it feels quicker and more agile.

So overall I think it was worth the effort, a nice easy project for little outlay!

I will probably change the tyres next for something a bit quicker on the concrete...

I've been watching this thread from the start, as I had a Dawes around 89/90, and still have a soft spot for them.

Your bike looks so much better for just a few updates / changes, nicely done.

Cool, you can't go wrong with a dawes IMO, very solid bikes and great workhorses...underrated even.

My advice is to try and upgrade the wheels themselves for something lighter..it should make a massive difference :)

Thanks for the kind comments. I have some nice light wheels from another project that I could try, it will be interesting to see the difference!

Lighter tyres can make a big difference, and if you are mainly riding tarmac and hardpack, then slicks will make a huge difference to the speed you can carry once you get going.

Thanks for this, anyone got any tyre recommendations for this? I have used County Rocks before on sinilar projects, they are quick but I wouldn't mind something with a few more knobbly bits,my local paths are loose shingle and not very grippy!

Tried these wheels:

And a quick phone shot, like the one that started the thread:

A bit flash for the Dawes maybe, but certainly quicker!

Back